NYC hotel - suites and indoor pool?

Old May 10th, 2004, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NYC hotel - suites and indoor pool?

We're getting ready to take our first adventure with our new baby and are planning a weekend in New York City over Memorial Day. We usually go three times a year or so, but the addition of a four month old will definitely make this a new kind of trip! We're hoping to find a hotel that offers one bedroom suites (so we can stay up later than the baby and hopefully have some facilities for formula) and also offers an indoor poor (something we've never been interested before) for additional "recreation." Any recommendations? Of course I'd love a bargain, but might go as high as (eeek!) $300 a nigth for somewhere great. Thanks!
Old May 10th, 2004, 12:04 PM

Hi K. First, if you're thinking of the pool for the baby, forget it. Babies in diapers are not allowed in a regular public pool.

Affinia.com is a wesite/group of all suite hotels. The Shelburne Murray Hill is one lots of people like.

It's possible one of the newer hotels downtown near the finacial distict may have a pool allowing babies.

Some hotels with pools are Le Parker Meridien and the UN Plaza (Millenium I think).
Old May 10th, 2004, 01:01 PM

There is a current post of a trip report to NYC by "circa" that describes a suite at a hotel called the San Carlos at 50th & Lexington. Circa describes it as 4* with rates of $229-250. There is a "Y" at Lexington & 52-53rd with an indoor pool. Don't know if they might have visitor's passes?

Here's the thread

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34497159

Also, the Melrose hotel has a health club in the building that has a pool but I think it's only a lap pool.
Old May 11th, 2004, 05:44 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice so far. The pool is really for us, and not the baby, as she's a bit young to enjoy it yet. I'd heard great things about the Ritz in Battery Park and their pool, but the rates that weekend are a little high for suites. Any other ideas out there?
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Check regarding the Crowne Plaza in midtown (on 7th?). I think they may have an indoor pool.
Old May 11th, 2004, 07:37 AM

Have you checked the Parker Meridien? Friends stayed there in a suite & were quite happy & it's much more central than being downtown. Also, I'd imagine the UN Plaza would have special weekend rates. The Peninsula also has a pool but is very pricey.

There's a family type place with an outdoor pool on the roof called the Skyline Hotel. Someone here recently mentioned it's been newly renovated. It's all the way over on the west side (I think 10th ave.) so usually good for people who've come by car & need parking.
Old May 11th, 2004, 04:23 PM

The Sheraton Manhattan hotel has a really nice, large indoor pool with outdoor deck. And the location is great (7th Ave. & 51st). Never seen the rooms, however, so can't comment on those.