Search

Hotel de La Paix - Pool Suite

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21st, 2005, 04:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel de La Paix - Pool Suite

Hi helpers!

I am planing to stay at the Hotel de La Paix, in Siem Reap in my trip trip to SE Asia in March and I am thinking of their Pool Suite.
Have anyone stayed tehr ebefore?
From their website I could not get if the suite has its own private pool, or it just offers a "private" deck to the hotelīs pool.

Old Dec 21st, 2005, 05:52 AM

The reviews on www.tripadvisor.com are excellent. From the web site it seems that there is no separate pool just a private deck that leads to the hotel's pool.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 06:13 AM

maria---ask craig here about the rooms at maison S in LP.....he had done quite a bit of research...

bob

craig---i told her about your knowledge of the offerings at MS...
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 09:00 AM

I got back from Hotel de la Paix a few weeks ago and it is just fabulous. Congratulations on selecting it, because it is so new that there are not many reviews out there. My husband and I simply LOVED it. As for the pool suite: The pool is long and narrow and runs from the spa house area across to the end of the hotel. The pool suite is located at the end of the pool at the end of the hotel. There is a wall that separates the patio of the pool suite from the walkway.So the patio of the pool suite does in fact edge up to the pool. How do I know this? Because when I swam to the end of the pool, I was looking right at the patio of the pool suite, translation, there is no privacy for the patio part of the suite. If you are sitting outside, anyone in the pool can look right at you as if you were sitting on one of the lounge chairs around the pool. The patio to the pool suite gets no sun. That's a longer answer to your question that it is an "individual" deck to the hotel pool.
We stayed in one of the "regular" suites, #123, which was in a corner so it was very light and had windows on two sides. If I were ever to go back I would stay in exactly the same room.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Craig and Bob for your answers.
Craig, as Bob wrote, i am going to the Maison S. in LP too, I will be there at the end of february, are you going to be there? I am "almost" decided for one of their verandah rooms, for the value of it, or do you think it is better to go to the "fancier" ones?

FromDC, I just LOVED your longer answer! I write a lot too and you told me exactly what I wanted to know: how much private it is.
So, thereīs no sense of being at the pool suite, as you go to the same pool and deck as everyone else.
Did you visit any other room than yours?
You stayed in what they call "Deluxe Guestroom", right?
Once again, thank you sooo much!
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 12:26 PM

Maria, we will be at the Maison Souvannaphoum for 3 nights at the end of February as well. We reserved the Maison Suite since I have heard that the regular rooms are on the small side. If by some miracle the La Residence Phou Vao becomes available, that will be our first choice though.
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 12:46 PM
Original Poster

Craig, we will be there from feb 26th trough 28th!

Hope we can meet! I am at the waiting list for The Phou Vao too, but I donīt have much faith on that....

I will write the hotel regarding the verandah room size in meters and I let you know.

Maria
Old Dec 21st, 2005, 01:07 PM

Maria - looks like we'll be there at the same time. We arrive on the 25th - let's plan on getting together.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Craig, that sounds lovely!
When are you leaving to SE Asia?

Luang Prabang will be our first stop there, after our exausting 32 hours flight from Rio to LPQ.
Just in time for lunch! I already booked an "anti jet-lag" massage at the hotelīs spa!
Let me know if your dates change, otehrwise, I will look for you when we get there! I am sure that at least a poolside drink weīll be able to set!
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:01 AM

Sounds like the Rio - LPQ flight is not direct We leave for SE Asia on February 16. We are spending out first night at the airport in Bangkok, then flying out early to Siem Reap for 3 nights. We return to Bangkok for 4 nights then on to LPQ. I don't know if you saw on a separate thread that we are also looking into the Hotel de La Paix as it sounds wonderful (even if the pool suite does not have its own pool). We look forward to seeing you at the MS - our dates are "set in stone" but if our hotel changes I will let you know. If you want to know what we look like, check out our photo website covering our India trip last February:
http://craigandjeane.photosite.com/
(We are the ones standing in front of the Taj Mahal.)
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 08:24 AM

Maria,
We stayed in a deluxe suite at HDLPaix,yes. The furniture,etc is the same as in the regular rooms (we only peeked into one of them when we were there) but the rooms are about half the size of the suites. The photo on their website is a very accurate picture of what is looks like. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:03 PM

Another note on Luang Prabang: two restaurants we really enjoyed were the Lao Restaurant at 3 Nagas and Louis on the river. We also ate at Le'Elephant which was very good.