Easy pool to get into at LV???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 09:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are staying at the Mirage this coming monday to thursday and have just found out the pool is CLOSED and we can use TI pool (I have heard its a crappy pool)(??) Is it really that bad?
Are there other hotels we can go to that have great pools which are easy to sneak into?
We are both in our early 20s and really went to the mirage just for the pool

Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:01 AM

We stayed at the TI before and enjoyed the pool, can't really compare it to too many others. We have used the Golden Nugget and Rio all three were similar in size and nice benefits. I don't think you will mind the Treasure Island pool. Probably had more kids in it than the other pools did would be my best recollection.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:04 AM
Original Poster

from my impression I guess I heard the TI pool was really small and way crowded? I am just pretty upset to find out that the place we booked for the pool is now closed the pool- - thats why I was wondering where else we might be able to sneak into
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:28 AM

Check the below link - look likes it pays to complain!

http://www.fodors.com/forums/threadselect.jsp?fid=1
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:39 AM
Original Poster

Yes I did see that- but since we are both 'younger' it usually seems they care less if we are happy or not- -
is the TI pool bad? or like I said earlier are there other better pools we can 'sneak' into???
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 10:45 AM

this question came up a few weeks ago...I think you need a room key for some pools..I think the people called and complained and they were sending them to the Bellagio(instead of the Mirage) for a few $$ more so the could use the pool and have a room there..does anyone remember?...
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 12:06 PM

Ok, normally I wouldn't advocate doing this, but I know for sure that Flamingo is REALLY lax about checking keys. I hate the water temp in that pool but it doesn't seem to bother most people. I would try that one for sure. Also Luxor we just walked right into as well.
Old Mar 23rd, 2003, 04:50 PM
Original Poster

is it true then that treasure islands pool is pretty bad then?
If mirages standard rooms are nice, I can deal with walking next door to treasure island- where I was told mirage guest would be allowed to use (or is it the billago OR TI??) Or maybe AT LEAST get an upgrade to a nicer room at the mirage- do they have an upgrade from a standard which is worth the complaining???

I am wondering though since we booked our vacation through vegas.com if the mirage will just tell us 'too bad' when we get there and complain? thats sure how they acted over the phone
Old Mar 24th, 2003, 04:00 PM

the TI pool is an after thought (small area with nothing inspiring about it) in comparison to other strip hotels, but in April, it shouldn't be packed and you shouldn't have that much of a problem. Flamingo, Luxor, and Paris from my experience are often lax in requiring verification, but again, this time of year, there really shouldn't be much problem. Advice: complain about the matter at check-in. who knows? you might get a comp or two.. Stay at the Mirage, use the TI pool, and enjoy your trip!
Old Mar 25th, 2003, 09:35 AM

Complain to them! We got one free night (out of two) at Venetian because the pool was not yet open and we complained to them.

All Venetian guests were allowed access to Caesar's pool at that time, which was pretty nice, actually...