Hotel recommendations in DC area?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2006, 10:50 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I myself have visited the DC area (downtown DC and Old Town Alexandria, among other places) and am now bringing my family along for April vacation (week of April 17th). I'd like to stay nearby a Metro stop, as I know this is the best mode of transport in the DC area by far! My boyfriend and I have two children (13 and 11) so we're not looking for nightlife per se, but to be closer to the major attractions (monuments, museums, etc.) is our main goal. I'd appreciate any suggestions!
Old Feb 14th, 2006, 11:13 AM

There are literally hundreds of posts on this exact topic. If you click on "district of columbia" above in the locations you should find lots of information.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 07:20 AM
Original Poster

Let me narrow this question down - we'd like to stay at a reasonable hotel, in either downtown DC, or Arlington (I've stayed at the Days Inn Iwo Jima before), close by a Metro stop. We don't want to have to walk more than 3-4 blocks to a Metro stop. I am also concerned that we be in a safe neighborhood, especially with two young children.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 07:31 AM

Not sure of your definition of "reasonable" but anything in Rosslyn including the Hyatt, the Key Bridge Marriott, the Best Western, etc. which would enable you to walk across Key bridge in G-Town if you even wanted to go there.

All the above hotels are within two blocks of the Metro..the BW and Hyatt are literally across the street from it.

Otherwise, look at the Hilton Garden Inn in Arlington which is across the street from the Courthouse Metro stop; or the Hilton which is directly above the Ballston metro stop
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 07:39 AM

I'd second the Hilton Garden Inn - Arlington Courthouse. I live literally on the backside of the hotel so my parents always end up there when visiting. Plus you're one block from the metro and next to the police station so it certainly is a safe area.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 12:15 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, everyone who responded to my questions. I've done some checking on the website and, using your suggestions, decided that the Best Western Key Bridge fits our budget, and is convenient to public transportation. I have also visited the Rosslyn area before and found several decent restaurants that don't "break the bank"! Thanks again - this is a terrific site!!!!!
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 06:27 PM

You might try the Holiday Inn in Rosslyn as well. I stayed there with my daughter two years ago and it was a fine neighborhood for two girls. There is free parking, an indoor pool and at least when we went just by joining Prioity Club we got free breakfast. THe metro stop is a short block away. We would definitely go back there.