hotel near San Jose Intl Airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:30 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, everyone, I need a hotel near the San Jose Intl Airport. My flight leaves at 8:30 a.m. and I am returning the rental car at 6 a.m., so I would like to be fairly close.

However, I also want a nice hotel with good amenities. Cost matters but I will splurge if there's a hotel that's worth it.

Thanks!
Old Jul 7th, 2005, 06:54 PM

There are several hotels near the airport: Doubletree, Courtyard by Marriott, Hyatt San Jose all which are less than 1/2 mile from airport. There are nice hotels downtown San Jose which is about a 15 minute drive from aiport - Fairmont and the HOtel de Anza. have stayed at the Hotel de Anza which is a great Art Deco hotel with a nice restaurant. All can be reached online. HOpe this helps. YOu can also just search by "airports near San Jose Aiport" and a list will come up.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 11:43 AM
Original Poster

Shar, thanks for the search suggestion (although I think you meant "hotels near San Jose airport"). I did that and saw that some people recommended the Moorpark Hotel. A club level room is $50 cheaper than a regular room at the Marriott or the Doubletree, and this hotel looks a heck of a lot nicer (plus free parking). I called and they said they are 10 minutes from the airport.

Any opinions on the Moorpark? The club level evening wine reception sounds nice....
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 12:07 PM

My husband traveled to San Jose on business frequently, and often stayed at the Moorpark. He always had good things to say about it, so I doubt you'll go wrong. However, his preference was to stay at the Hotel Valencia -- not only was it closer to his business, but it was much nicer (kind of boutique-y). Don't know whether that fits your budget, however.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Original Poster

I checked Hotel Valencia and it looks wonderful. However, they are booked up for the night I need. That's a shame, because it was only $139/night.
Old Jul 8th, 2005, 06:34 PM

I'd recommend the Doubletree. Nice, not luxurious, not a dump. Is 2 blocks away from the airport.

Larry