Reload this Page >

Hotel Monteleone Room Recommendations?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:34 PM
Tess

So I'm hearing a lot of great things about the Hotel Monteleone. Before I make my reservation, though, any tips on what rooms to stay at? Looking at the review on the fodors page, someone said they got the worst room in the hotel! Which one would that be, and which ones are good ones? Thanks in advance!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:36 PM
XX

Where might this Monteleone be located, Tess?

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:39 PM
Southern

XX-If ya'll don't know where Hotel Monte is, it's obvious you don't travel much. Let the good times roll in New Orleans. Or, as visitors like to call it after they have been there once, "Nawlins".

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:46 PM
XX

I travel often and have even been to "Nawlins". Still, never heard of it. Obviously not everyone is "hearing lots of great things about it."

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Nan

Beware of unrenovated rooms! Shag carpet and striped wallpaper galore!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 01:47 PM
Tess

Whoops! Sorry that I forgot to put where the Monteleone was at. Can't you read my mind?

Anyway, Hotel Monteleone is in the Big Easy (New Orleans, LA)

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 02:03 PM
Southern

XX-You don't travel enough then, hon.
But we are used to people not rememberin' things here in New Orleans.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 02:31 PM
xyz

Are you the same XX who couldn't figure out where the Hotel Del was? Puuleease, will you quit with these cute come backs?

These things are so obvious to people familiar with the area. You aren't. You don't know the hotel, you can't address the question, so button it up! Like the Del, the Monteleone is well known and it's obvious you won't be able to help Tess even if she told you the city. Geez!

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 08:41 PM
Dale

This hotel is TIRED! Carousel bar is a bad joke. Whole place needs an overhaul and FAST. Try Wyndham Canal Place instead.

Old Nov 6th, 2002, 09:34 PM
Duane

I stayed there for one night after this year's Jazz Fest. I got a room similar to Nan's... dated but clean. The carousel bar is fun for a bit. Nice pool on the roof.

Depends on what you are looking for. If you want a great room, I would call the hotel to ask about the different rooms available. I booked mine over the internet and wasn't too worried about the room... more on price.

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:27 AM
aaa

Wyndam Canal Place is nice if you like the typical sterile commercial hotels. If you are in New Orleans, old and tired works!

Old Nov 7th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Visitor

We stayed there a few years ago. I'd make sure that the renovations have been completed or will not be taking place while you are there. We had the unfortunate experience to be woken up by hammering and drilling at 9:00 a.m, after a night of enjoying the town.

Also, the walls in the room we had were fairly thin. Let's just say that it was pretty easy to determine the activity taking place between the couple in the next room.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 06:27 AM
dave

We stayed in September and would recommend it everytime. Our room was on the 15th floor and didn't have a view worth looking at but if you want a view go to the roof pool. You're in Nawlins, you don't want to sit in a hotel room, no matter how comfortable, you want out be out there living the experience. The Monteleone is on Royal Street, the nicest part of the French Quarter, believe me there are some locations even in the French Quarter that you wouldn't want to stay at! The staff were so friendly and helpful, the hotel so full of character it was a joy to stay at. We also got a great deal on the room by booking on the net.
Enjoy Tess, we certainly did,
Dave

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 01:59 PM
gail

We had a corner room (Acme Oyster side). It was great. It was a little weird that tall buildings were beeing constructed with a view into our room (not that anyone was looking in). Just adjusting the drapes worked fine. We loved the bar and did not mind the character of the place...then again we were only there two nights.