Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Need hotel advice: New Orleans Omni Royal Orleans

Old May 1st, 2002, 07:52 AM
Tom

I've booked a room with 2 double beds at the Omni Royal Orleans for 2 adults and 3 children -- ordered a rollaway bed for third child. I've heard some of the rooms at this hotel are very small and I'd love to hear from anyone who has actually stayed in one of their 2 Double Bed rooms -- will there be enough space? Our kids are 9,7 & 5.

We really like the location and, for some reason, it's hard to find a hotel in New Orleans that will let you have 2 adults + 3 children in the same room, so we'd really like to stay here.

Thank you!

Old May 1st, 2002, 09:13 AM
topper

topping

Old May 1st, 2002, 11:07 AM
plummie

Yes the rooms are small, although they do vary somewhat in size. Why not call the hotel and ask them the square footage of the room you've booked.

Old May 2nd, 2002, 11:24 AM
Steph

Very small rooms. The room I stayed in had a queen bed, but definitely no room for a roll-a-way bed. Barely enough room to sleep on the floor. Was very convenient though.

Old May 5th, 2002, 06:59 PM
Mark

Hi Tom:

I've stayed at the Royal Orleans. Great location, fine staff, very nice hotel (love the rooftop pool and the elegant lobby).

Unfortunately, room size is very variable; make sure you confirm the exact size of YOUR room reservation... Maybe think about a Jr. suite.

If you can't get what you need (at a price that you like), there are some good alternatives in the vacinity to check out: The Bourbon Orleans, The Royal Sonesta, The St. Louis, The Monteleone and the Maison Dupuy come quickly to mind.

Have a great vacation with the family!

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:35 PM
Liz

You have to stay at the Chateau Sonesta it is on Iberville and I think Dauphine street anyway the rooms are hugh I had a room that faced Bourbon and a Balony to look out of the window but didn't open. Anyway as soon as you walk in the hallway to the left was a computer ona desk and a large closet across from that was the long bathroom very nice. then you walk a little ways and you see a couch, coffee table and this big armoir w/tv open area and then bed was way over on the other side plenty of room, but ask to see your room first, but I would definitly stay there. I stay there about once or twice a year very nice and close to everything. One block over from Canal street which is what takes you straight to the Riverwalk and the Aquarium. I hope you have fun. Also I have had friends stay at the Hampton Inn on Carondelete street which turns into Bourbon it is across Canal street. They have big rooms too. I have seen where they had two double beds and a twin bed rollaway in the room. Good luck.

Liz

Old May 17th, 2002, 12:40 PM
LCM

I stay at the Omni every year for Mardi Gras and the rooms do vary , so call and ask them. The staff at this hotel is the best which is why my friends and I go there every year, as well as a bunch of people throughout the states that meet us there. The doormen will help you with anything you ask for. Enjoy!