Reload this Page >

Hotel in Portland, Maine?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 02:50 PM
Juliette

We're looking for a place to stay for a few nites in Sept. in Portland, ME. We have a baby, so it can't be a pristine B&B ... but we'd like to avoid chains. We wouldn't mind funky/ old-school accommodations. Anyone know of anything?

Old Aug 24th, 2002, 05:09 PM
jbj

I'd stay down at Pine Point, a 20 minute drive. So beautiful by the ocean in September.

If you must be in Portland, my choice would be
www.eastlandparkhotel.com

Old Aug 25th, 2002, 11:26 AM
Fiona

We stayed at the Eastland Park in June for a night. Very Nice! Great neighborhood.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 08:30 AM
jan

There is a brand new hotel in downtown Portland's Old Port called the Portland Harbor Hotel. It looks very nice from the outside, haven't heard much about it from friends though. Give it a shot, or check to see if they have a website.

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 09:53 AM
Pauline

I hope you have better luck than I have had; we had hoped to be in Portland the first weekend in October, and there are no hotel/B&B rooms to be had...

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 04:45 PM
Ellen

We had the same experience. Started two months ago trying to get a room in Portland in late September on a week night. There was nothing to be had. However, we did find a room at the Harbour Towne Inn at Boothbay Harbor. It looks nice on their web page! We'll see.

Old Aug 31st, 2002, 05:47 PM
Suee

The Regency Hotel in the Old Port Area, the new Portland harbor Hotel, Eastland Hotel. I know you don't like chains, but near the Maine Mall, they are all nice chains, Marriottt, Sheraton etc. Good Luck