Search

Hotel Belvedere

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28th, 2004, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hotel Belvedere

Does anyone have knowledge of The Belvedere Hotel, the reviews read like ads, too good to be true.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 06:19 AM

We liked it a lot. The location is great, the staff is great, the rooms are nice, esp. for NYC. I suppose some people might point out that a few blocks west is slightly less comfortable that right around the hotel, but that's the ONLY complaint I can possibly imagine, and who goes west? Everyone goes south or east or north of that location to get to transport, theater, food, etc. What, in particular, might worry you?

Old Apr 28th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Rob

Do a search on this forum and you will find lots of favorable comments about the Belvedere.
Old Apr 28th, 2004, 07:44 AM

Have stayed there. Found it to be very convenient. It is like a very basis Holiday Inn room. It does have refrigerator and microwave. Bathroom very small. I thought the location and price made it a good value at the time. very convenient for the theater and restaurants on restaurant row.
Old May 4th, 2004, 09:05 AM

My brother and now wife were married there two years ago...had a fabulous wedding through a terrific thunderstorm, power went out, no generator (they do now!) etc. You can well imagine what 200 hot, sweaty guests were doing....and yet, The Belvedere staff managed to pull off one phenomenal rehearsal dinner by candle light. It was a dream. The staff and owners are exceptional.
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 08:09 AM

I stayed at the Belvedere recently for 5 nights and I'm booked again at the Belvedere for September. All staff throughout the hotel were very friendly and helpful. The room was larger by far than any other mid-range hotels I have stayed at in New York and the fridge was a great bonus to keep drinks cold and/or frozen, ready to take on those long days of city walking. The only suggestion I would make is to ask for a 48th Street facing room. Still not a great view but definately better than the back rooms. Have a wonderful trip!
Old Jun 10th, 2004, 02:14 PM

I stayed there for 6 nights last month and would go back happily. I shared a room with a friend; we each had a queen sized bed. I thought the room was fairly large. We didn't feel cramped at all. The closet was large, which was nice for 2 women. The kitchen was small, but having the fridge and microwave was a real help. My only complaints would be 1) There was a smell reminiscent of cat urine at the end of our hall. Luckily, we didn't notice it in our room. 2) The noise outside was a problem on Friday night.