Any comments on The Wyndham in NYC?

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 04:11 AM
Pat

Any comments on The Wyndham in NYC?

My wife and I are planning on visiting New York in the Fall. We've seen some good reviews of The Wyndham on 58th Street. Since we're coming in from Canada with our puny Canadian Dollars, our travel budget really takes a beating. We're looking for good value at $150US/night tops. Anyone ever been to The Wyndham?

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 03:21 PM
Karen

We have friends who won't stay anywhere else...it is not associated with the Wyndam Hotel group...and, I think they do not advertise. When we were there the restaurant had been closed two years so we could only look around the very small lobby. It was on a side street so seemed it would be nice and quiet.

Old Mar 14th, 2000, 04:13 PM
Helena

I stayed there about a year ago, and will definitely go back. It's not a modern hotel, but the rooms are big, clean, and pretty quiet -- and it's in a great location. I really liked it, especially the price. At that point (Dec. 98) I paid $137 per night. There are two pretty good breakfast eateries (diners) right around the corner to the left....

Old Mar 18th, 2000, 09:06 AM
Pat

Karen and Helena, thank you both for your comments. I also got some feedback from Tom Steele's hosted forum on New York City. Three positives against Tom's spies' nays. Factor in Frommers and Fodor's positive comments and I feel comfortable with giving this hotel a shot. In the end, we're going to see the city and not the hotel room. We can't go wrong on the location, and for the price we'll be paying, I don't expect the Queen to be standing on guard!

Old Oct 8th, 2003, 03:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our family stayed here about 2 years ago during Christmas week. Our room was quite large, with a small bathroom and a very large separate living room and small kitchen. What a find! Excellent location, very friendly staff. Has charm and attention to details not found in larger hotels. Across from the Plaza Hotel on 58th Street.