Search

Hotel Advice Needed

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:27 AM
John

Hotel Advice Needed

My wife and I are planning a trip to vegas in either February or March. The problem is that we cannot decide on a hotel. Some people say Caesars, others say MGM, others say Luxor etc etc etc. AARRRRRRGGGHHHH. I am not looking for a hotel that is full of spring breakers. Another thing, most of the websites that I have gone on do not show the bathrooms. Sounds funny but I would like to see if there are jacuzzis in them. I also dont want to be in a hotel that makes you feel that you need to be in a 3 piece suit all the time. I had that adventure in Bermuda where you needed to be dressed up for dinner. Belagio and Venetian look to be that type. I dont mind dressing up, just not all the time. Price is not really an issue. Then again, I would rather spend money on my wife, myself, and gamble, eat, and sit in my own hot tub for an hour or more.
As you can see my mind is a mess. Can someone help me in finding the right hotel for a 4 nights/5 days vacation?

Thanks
John

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:44 AM
Bruce

My favorite is the Venetian and you can be very casual. There is a huge selection of restaurants as well. The bathrooms are huge, all marble with big tub and seperate shower. Each room is actually a suite so they're very roomy. My second favorite would be the Paris and then 3rd is Bellagio. I believe Bellagio is the most fancy but we go to LV often and I never dress up or wear a tie etc. Most people are quite casual so you have nothing to worry about. Enjoy!

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:44 AM
sigh

Why are all the good ones taken? John, you sound like a sweetheart, I wish I was going on vacation with you. I don't know too much about Vegas but I hear the Paris is very nice, maybe take your lucky wife there for a romantic vaca.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 09:58 AM
Lenore

If a big jacuzzi tub is your main priority, book a suite at Paris. You won't be disappointed. We were upgraded to a suite there once and thought we were in Heaven. There are two bathrooms. One is more feminine and has the giant jacuzzi tub. The other has a large glass shower. There's a king size bed on one end of the room and a living room on the other. The two sides are separated by an armoir, which contains a TV that can rotate so you can watch from bed or from the couch. Very deluxe. The Venetian is also quite nice, but the tub while oversized, is not a two person type. The one at Paris could easily fit three, if you're into that sort of thing! LOL!!! Both places are as dressy or casual as you want to be.

Old Sep 26th, 2002, 10:07 AM
Marcie

Although I've never stayed there, I've heard good things about the Rio. I personally have stayed at the Paris and their rooms are nice but not as large as say the suites at The Venetian. The Venetian has a seperate livingroom with it's own TV, couch, etc. The bedroom is spacious as well overlooking the livingroom area with another TV. If you can get a suite at Paris this sounds like your best bet, for a standard room you can't go wrong with Venetian but like someone else mentioned...there is a large soaking tub but not a jacuzzi tub (at least not in the standard suites). You might contact the Rio, I've also heard very good things about their rooms which are also all suites.