honeymooning in NO

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:02 PM
NBQ

honeymooning in NO

My future husband and I will be in NO for 4 days in early May. We want to stay in an authentic NO inn/b&b/hotel, a place with some romance & a place that will not break the bank. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:07 PM
David

I don't mean to sound rude, but do some research on the boards. Check "Louisiana" above and you'll find hundreds of ideas.

Some ideas I see often:
Hotels: Maison de Ville, Monaco, Soniat House, Lafitte Guest House
B&B: B&W Courtyards, La Maison Marigny, Chimes, Claiborne Mansion, Melrose Mansion

Good luck and enjoy N.O.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 03:28 PM
Lucille

Eithr LaFitte or Maison de Ville..maison de ville is more in the midst of it all. LaFitte might be less (significantly) but romantic just the same. I might be old fashioned but more women seem to be asking questions about honeymoon spots..doesn't the guy plan it anymore?

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:27 AM
xxxxxxx

We honeymooned in NOLA and stayed at Lafitte Guest House. I think it's not officially a B&B, but we really loved it. The location is fantastic ... on Bourbon, but on the quiet side. It's right across the street from Lafitte's Blacksmith Shop ... a great place for a nightcap before retiring for the evening. The continental breakfast was very good. Service was great. They provide sleep masks and sound machines, but street noise was not a problem. The room we stayed in was charming and private. Bathrooms are quite small, though.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 09:37 AM
J Correa

We spent our honeymoon in NO and loved it. It was mid May and the weather was fantastic. It was warm and the humidity was low for most of our trip. We were there for 6 days and it only rained twice.

As for the question about why more men aren't planning the honeymoons - I have no idea. In my case, I am the travel planner in the family so I make all the travel plans. I run things by my husband to see what he wants to do, but he usually doesn't have much input. He says his job is to carry the luggage and take photographs. My job is to make the arrangements.

Old Jan 24th, 2003, 04:05 PM
PamSF

I have stayed at both the maison de ville and LaFitte's. Either one will be romantic. The previous poster was right in thinking the Maison will be pricier. I think La Fitte's is a bit quieter in terms of the neighborhood. Just to get in on this question of who plans the honeymoon..dear J Correa..would you mind if your husband took another wife? I too am the planner but lug the suitcase as well.