New Orleans - honeymoon hotel in FQ

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would appreciate feedback on best FQ hotel for a honeymoon in October. Choices are:
Cornstalk, Hotel St. Marie, Place d'Armes, Degas House, Chateau Hotel and Hotel Royal. Thanks for the information!
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 02:24 PM

Your message seems to indicate that you have already narrowed down your list. If that is your final list, then I suggest you go for the Cornstalk -- small and intimate, and very nice overall. If you do want to consider another hotel, I'd suggest the Maison deVille, also small, intimate, and very nice. Good luck.
Old Aug 10th, 2005, 04:10 PM

We stayed at the Cornstalk for our honeymoon. The hotel is in an almost ideal location - close to everything but on a residential street so it was quiet. I said "almost perfect" because the carriage rides stop there all day long so people can view the cornstalk fence, so even though the hotel management sprays down the gutters fairly frequently, sometimes it smells a little bad out by the sidewalk. Not terrible, just something you notice.

The house itself is pretty cool - very historic. It isn't luxurious, but it was well-kept. It is sort of like staying in a house that someone inherited will all the various furniture from different periods and decor the people had added along the way. Our room was small, but comfortable.

The people were really nice. The manager reserved spots on a plantation tour for us and recommended some good restaurants.

Breakfast was coffee, OJ, fruit, and corn muffins. Nothing heavy, but enough to get you going.

Old Aug 11th, 2005, 04:47 AM

i second wayne's suggestion of the maison de ville.
Old Aug 11th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Dan

Maison de Ville is very nice.

Since it's not on the original poster's list, though, I'd recommend Place d'Armes. I would avoid the Hotel Royal and the Cornstalk.