Search

Nine-O-Five Royal - New Orleans Hotel

Search this Thread

Old Nov 24th, 2004, 03:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nine-O-Five Royal - New Orleans Hotel

Or 905 Royal.
Not much information on this small French Quarter hotel, either here or on tripadvisor.
Anyone have experiences to relate (the more recent the better). Locals and others, any comments on the location?
Thank you.
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

TTT, pretty please.
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 12:06 PM

I don't know anything about the hotel itself, but the location is great. We stayed at the Cornstalk hotel, which is at 915 Royal. It was great because the block was a quiet, residential section of Royal, but everything was really close by - we could walk to anything in the Quarter within a couple minutes and the Fauburg Marigny neighborhood was also within walking distance.
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks J_Correa.
What was your opinion of the Cornstalk? Was it "very" B&B-ish (antiques, frou-frou, etc.) or more modern? Nice bathrooms?
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 01:47 PM

The Cornstalk was cool. It's an old house with lots of old stuff. It wasn't frou-frou or overdone, more like staying at someone's house that they inherted with the various and assorted furniture and decor that was in the house when they got it. Our bathroom was ok - very clean, but it wasn't particularly nice. It was very basic, with old fixtures.

The hotel definitely fit our needs since we weren't in our room much. We basically wanted a place to sleep, shower, and put our stuff. It was nice to be able to walk all over and come back to the hotel to change or drop off souveniers whenever we wanted. It was also nice staying in a house because it felt more like home than a hotel room.
Old Nov 29th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Dan

I think the description of "old" fits it best. I have no idea if it's been remodeled or not but from the outside I consider the nearby Andrew Jackson and the 905 Royal as older properties which thrive because of location and not the actual physical plant.