honeymoon what to do

Search

honeymoon what to do

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 10:58 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
honeymoon what to do

We are flying into maui and staying at the ritz carlton - besides beach, drinks, relaxing can I get some suggestions for tours, restaurants, bars/nightlife, We are from NYC. Thanks to all in advance. Oh - staying for 13 days
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 11:16 AM

Next time be sure to put Maui on your message. More people will respond!

Did you do a search for Maui on this site? I've gotten TONS of info just by typing in Maui. Lots of just back reports, etc...

Just trying to help. We're going from Maryland to Hawaii next year too. I printed out 20 pages of info simply from doing a search, then cutting and pasting all the good stuff I found.

Steve
Maryland

Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 01:21 PM

I agree, do a search for "Maui" and you will come up with more information than you might be able to handle. I have a very detailed trip report of seven days in Maui here: http://www.fodors.com/forums/threads...1&tid=34436140

And also consider reposting with Maui in the title, and in the post tell us what exactly you're looking for--upscale restaurants, cheap eats, what kinds of activities, etcetera.

Let me know if you have any questions!

love
roxy
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 02:51 PM

We just got back from Maui about a month ago. Contact mauidownhill.com and do the sunrise tour! They pick you up at your hotel(for us it was 3:00AM). They take you up to the top of Mt. Haleakala to watch the sunrise(which was breathtaking that morning), then you ride a bike 38 miles to the ocean at Paia. I think we pedalled twice, and not for long. It was awesome. They had a special a week or so ago for $75 per person. You stop and eat a decent lunch on the way down. Also, snorkle. We were first timers, and after that first time, did it everyday (at least once). LePerousse Bay was neat. You can turtle watch too. They are huge, and we watched them feed up near the Kapalua Bay area. For another day, do the Road to Hana, from beginning to end. It's pretty cool. Make sure gas tank is full. It took us 8 hours to do about 50 miles, but it was fun. I recommend a convertible. Lahaina is a cool little town to visit. Go early in the morning to avoid the huge crowds. Watch every sunset too! I agree with stever--check the trip reports too. We don't drink, but I saw plenty of nightlife! Great food too. Maui Tacos for a fish taco. I thought they would be disgusting, but they were really good. MahiMahi is excellent too. Are you going soon? The whales should be migrating, and there are plenty of boat companies that cater to that. Enjoy your trip!! We will be going back in '05, after our first visit there!!
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:21 PM

Let me get this straight - You don't know what to do on your HONEYMOON ?
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 06:59 PM
roy

Thank God Izacruisin finally came through with the proper answer. I thought humor was dead.
Old Dec 2nd, 2004, 10:48 PM

Sorry, allie, but I've got to add this header to my list of favorites, along with "Virgin With Baby".
Old Dec 3rd, 2004, 07:26 AM

yep, if you don't know what to do on your honeymoon, what's the rest of life got to offer!?!?
If you need tours and nightlife on your honeymoon, well, I don't want to say you're marrying the wrong person, but...