Holocaust, Bible, African American Museums

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2018, 03:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello, I wanted to get help with Museums in DC. I understand that on-line tickets for the African American Museum are available the first Wednesday of each month. We will be in DC June 29 through July 2. I think June tix are available in March - is this correct?
When I go to the Halocaust website there are no tickets for June- is this possible or will they become available later?

The website for the Bible Museum does not mention advance tickets at all.

can anyone help?

thank you.
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 03:57 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I suspect advance tickets for entry to the Bible Museum aren't required b/c visitor numbers don't merit them. Even so, since it's high on your list for seeing and you're visiting at a pretty busy time of year, I'd suggest you go at opening. I haven't been but it's apparently quite a large place.

>>>> I think June tix are available in March - is this correct?
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 05:59 PM
Original Poster

Thank you Obxgirl!
Old Feb 5th, 2018, 06:26 PM

We were lucky and got tickets for the AAM at 6:30 AM the day of the visit. We found the entire procedure elusive.

We visited the Holocaust Museum by walking up that day. There were many school trips there.
Old Feb 6th, 2018, 11:46 AM

I think you are mistaken about the Bible Museum, you can easily get advance tickets on the website. I don't think you need them like some others, but you can get them (the museum is not as scholarly and is biased, I hope you understand that, but some day I will go just to see what artifacts they have).

HEre is the link to get them, no harm as they are free
https://experience.museumofthebible....elect-quantity

I'd just keep checking back for the Holocaust, they should have tickets for June available in a month or so. You can get them online the same day, but very early (or walkup) That is a peak period being just before the 4th, so I'd keep checking the website.
Old Feb 7th, 2018, 03:23 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for the helpful information.
Old Feb 7th, 2018, 04:12 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Let me tell you about my "experience" with the African American Museum website today in trying to secure tickets for our May visit. First the site said that the website would open up at 9 a.m. EST (that's six for a sleepy guy here on the west coast), which it didn't. Finally at 9:30 EST it opened up for my date in May. I immediately attempted to get four tickets at 10 a.m. It then put me on a website version of "hold" telling me I was in a queue but not guaranteed tickets. Already sensing this was a crappy site, I then used two other search engines on my computer and two on my wife's computer with different times for the day (we're only in town for one day). It finally (after about half an hour of going back and forth between two computers in two rooms) started spewing out one by one telling me that tickets were sold out for all the times I had chosen. It came down to our last choice, and we did secure tickets for the 3 o'clock time slot (which I think is the last of the day). Had I not had five search engines running simultaneously, there would have been no way I would have gotten tickets. You have a better chance at getting Hamilton tickets. Good luck!