Hilton Hawaiian Village questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am still planning on staying at the HHV in Oahu this July. I have two questions right now that I can think of.

1) does the HHV have their own luau that we can attend? If so, do I need to make reservations for this before we go?

2) I've been reading about the construction work on a new tower. Is there a certain tower that I should stay away from to avoid the construction site and noises? Does anyone know how the construction might affect my vacation in July - or when they may be done with construction???
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 07:52 AM

Hi mrrockydog,

We stayed at the HHV in the Lagoon Tower this past September. The Lagoon Tower is part of the Hilton Timeshare group. The construction was going on right next to the Lagoon tower. There was another tower on the other side but I am not sure which one it was. In Sept. they were just starting construction. They hadn't even gotten the foundation done. At that time noise wasn't that bad except for trucks etc. I am sure by now it is quit noisy but ask for a room far from the construction. The HHV is huge with several towers I don't think it would be that bad but maybe someone has more recent info.
Old Feb 6th, 2007, 12:16 PM

I don't think the construction will bother you.

They do not have their own luau. But they do have some inexpensive Polynesian shows that are good, especially for the price.

On Friday nights (I've seen this one from the side) they have a show & fireworks after the show. The fireworks are free. The show is one drink minimum if you want poolside seats or free if you want to stand around the sides outside of the pool area.

To get poolside seats, ask at the reservation desk if you need reservations or what time you have to show up if it is first come first served.

Also some Polynesian entertainment on Saturday night.

http://www.hiltonhawaiianvillage.com...ertainment.asp

Other Oahu info:

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...1&tid=34812564
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much! I do have one other question that I may have to put in it's own topic so that people will open it. It's a simple question - is booking two months in advance enough time?? I think it is but some people are saying I had better hurry up and do it......I'm still waiting to see when my mom can get off work. I am so excited about taking my mom to Hawaii!! And my little 7 year old boy!! I just wish I could have taken my dad before he passed away - that was the one place he'd never been and had always wanted to go. At least I can still take my mom though!!
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 03:15 PM

If you are set on HHV, I would not wait until 2 months before you go. You may or may not be able to get a room at HHV if you wait that long.

However, if you are willing to accept a different hotel or condo, you should not have any problem finding something if you wait until 2 months before you go.

Resortquest has some nice hotels & condos on the other end of Waikiki. Less expensive than HHV.

Summer is peak tourist season in Hawaii
Old Feb 12th, 2007, 03:27 PM

We stayed in the Rainbow tower, which is the one that is directly on the beach and looks all the way down the beach toward Diamond Head.
It was lovely!