Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Here's a Reasonable Midtown Manhattan Hotel!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2008, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We recently stayed in New York City at the Mariott Courtyard Midtown East and couldn't have been happier with our choice. We paid $315 per night in mid-August for a large room with 2 queen beds plus a pullout queen sofabed. This is a very reasonable price in this part of Manhattan. The hotel was extremely clean, service very good and the room was totally updated. This hotel is located on 3rd Avenue btwn 52nd and 53rd and is close to the action on 5th Ave without being in the middle of the crowds. We especially liked the 53rd St subway station access just outside the door. If you're looking for a great Midtown location at a reasonable (for NYC) price, this is the place to stay.
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 09:58 AM

Thanks for the recommendation! I was just looking at this hotel for November. Who did you book with to get the $315/night rate?
Old Sep 1st, 2008, 12:36 PM

bells- rates in august are MUCH cheaper than rates in November in NYC. If that marriott was charging 315 in august, i would bet it is well over 400 in November.
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 04:16 AM
Original Poster

To Bells-On:
I booked the Courtyard Midtown East through Kayak.com. Have a great trip!
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

PS to Bells_On:
Just checked the web and this hotel is $359 the weekend before Thanksgiving (not sure when you're going). I certainly would consider this and wouldn't stay outside Manhattan. When we drove out on a Tuesday morning back to Ohio the lineup trying to get into Manhattan through the Lincoln Tunnel went for miles and miles. At the Courtyard you can walk everywhere. We parked our car at an Icon.com parking garage a block away and walked or took the subway everywhere even late at night. Have a superb trip!
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:17 AM
dmlove

I've stayed there and second the recommendation!

Old Sep 4th, 2008, 08:38 AM

For a bunch of nights in November they're stil showing availability for 2 for $399 plus tax - a great deal at that time of year - with a king bed and a sofabed.
Old Sep 4th, 2008, 09:04 AM
dmlove

FWIW, Marriott has a low-rate guarantee (if you find a lower rate, they refund the difference...we used it once and it worked).

Also, the rooms at the Coutyard Midtown East are enormous compared to other mid-range Manhattan hotels.