Reload this Page >

Budget Accomodation in NYC?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2002, 08:35 PM
Geoff G.

Can anyone suggest a good, clean, fairly central budget hotel/motel (under $150) in Manhattan. We are planning a trip there in early November to run the NYC marathon and raise money for cancer research, but don't have a ton of money to work with.

Thanks for your help!

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 01:57 AM
Statia

I've heard good things about Red Roof Inn on 32nd Street and Fifth Avenue. Rooms are around $100 per night (with continental breakfast) and hotel is fairly new in renovation.

Good luck.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 02:26 AM
gpepper

Goeff,

You can get a great hotel room in Manhattan for under $125 / night - probably under $100 if you use priceline.com. Go to biddingfortravel.com to see what hotels are going for in early November. Use the money you save for "extras" or for donation to cancer research.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 04:24 AM
Jen

I agree completely that Priceline would be ideal for you. Ther are some greatdeals!

If you'releery of PL, try any of the hotels in the Apple Core groups. They're all economy, recently-remodeled and good deals. I liked the Best Western MIDTOWN, which is just one quiet block from Times Square and has a good continental breakfast.

Old Sep 25th, 2002, 05:09 AM
Alan

Hi, Geoff G!
As of two minutes ago, the Madison Hotel on 27th and Madison was still offering its "summer special" rate of $61 for a single, $74 a double, and $88 for four people. Now, I realise that November is hardly summer, but I recall we got those rates there last December, so you might be lucky. We really enjoyed the hotel, which is much better than the low price would lead you to believe. You can check out their website on www.madison-hotel.com. Good luck!