Help with Carolinas and Georgia Itinerary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hubby and I are planning a six night visit in mid -March, arriving early am Wed. March 12 via plane to Charlotte. We depart on Tues March 18 4:00 pm from Charlotte. Will be renting a car.
Would love to take in as much as possible, with a visit to Charleston for two nights, Savannah for two nights and some charming coastal towns for a night or two ( either North Carolina coast and/or South Carolina coast will do).
Any thoughts on a great itinerary that will accomplish this?
Would love to experience a B&B at some point - moderately priced for our retiree wallets. Thank you!!
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:40 AM

I like Hilton head, especially for golfing. Charleston is great.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 11:45 AM

Beaufort, SC is a charming little town with several nice B&Bs. Hilton Head is good if you like golf or tennis, otherwise there is not much charm there, just lots of overdevelopment.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 04:13 PM

My son and his wife just returned from a B&B this past weekend in Wilmington, NC. It was located close to the Cape Fear River in the old historic area of Wilmington. They dined at a really nice waterfront restaurant while there as well. Excellent meal I'm told! They had a great time.

The B&B they stayed in had a rate of $230 per night and offered deluxe accomodations including a Jaccuzi. The weekend was caped with a Carriage Ride through the historic district.

If you're lucky, you could see one of the studios filming a TV show. Wilmington is called the Hollywood of the East with many movies and TV programs taped there.
Old Jan 10th, 2008, 05:36 PM

If you're not into golf or tennis--I would skip HH and spend one more night in Charleston. You can drive to Beaufort as a lunch stop on your way to Savannah. Green Palm Inn is a very nice B&B in Savannah.