COVID-19 Travel Advisory: Stay up to date with the latest on the coronavirus pandemic.   Learn More >

Help w Napili choices

Old Apr 19th, 2006, 01:34 PM
Original Poster

Help w Napili choices

We are heading to Maui soon. Staying at Napili Shores again for 4 days, but need another lodging for the second half of our trip. We're trying to stay under $200/night.
We are considering Napili Surf (ocean view studio for $200) or Napili Sunset (garden view studio at $99--ocean views were $260). Also the Embassy Suites is running it's $150/night time share (some call it crime share?) for a "scenic" view 1 bedroom.

Any votes on which way to go? We've stayed at Napili Shores before, so I know it's the preferrable beach (we have a 9 yr old, and my husbands requests great snorkeling areas). We typically go for the less 'resorty" places, but wondering if the Embassy Suites is nice enough to win us over.

Thanks!
Old Apr 19th, 2006, 03:01 PM

They all are pretty good, but I'm just more familiar with Napili Sunset. The $99 deal is very good. It's an older place, but has been kept nice and is on a lovely stretch of beach. My understanding from AAA is they have a large number of clients who return year after year.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 08:41 PM

I love Napili Surf. The beach is fantastic and they're just around the corner from "turtle bay" where you can snorkel with turtles. Rooms are modest but really lovely - esp if ocean view.
Old Apr 20th, 2006, 09:22 PM

Based upon our experiences over the last several years, try Noelani (no a/c) or Maui Kai ( paradiseinmaui.com ,has a/c).

Also see: mauikai.com .

Either will easily fit your budget, as will many more in the area.

we have a 9 yr old, and my husbands requests great snorkeling areas

Whether all your husbands will agree is another matter (sorry, couldn't resist it).
Old Apr 21st, 2006, 07:33 AM

The Napili Bay condos seem to get very good reviews. When we were in Maui we stayed at the Maui Kai but we spent most of our beach time sitting out in front of The Napili Bay condos. Check out Alohacondos as they have a great many of the The Napili Bay condos that you can view.