Help w/Branson Shows

Search

Help w/Branson Shows

Search this Thread

Old Jun 29th, 2007, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help w/Branson Shows

I am helping my parents plan a trip to Branson in July. There is not much recent info on the Branson shows. The websites look great, but I would like some real opinions of the shows. I am hoping this post might help me and some others.

I would appreciate any suggestions for "must see" shows. Any reviews on these shows would be appreciated: Red Hot & Blue, 50's at the Hop, Shepherd of the Hills, Shoji Tabuchi, Dick Clark American Bandstand, Mickey Gilley Theater, Jim Stafford, and Broadway! Star Spangled Celebration. Thanks!
Old Jun 30th, 2007, 08:40 AM

I topped another thread for you that has some comments about shows. I have seen Red Hot and Blue, not in Branson but when the show traveled. thought it was very well-done. good luck with your planning
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:44 PM

I was there with friends over Memorial Day Weekend. We really enjoyed the Twelve Irish Tenors (It includes a wide variety of music, not just Irish) and the subset produxtion "New Jersey Nights" which includes a lot of Four Seasons music and other 60's songs. Be sure to buy tickets directly from Kings Castle Theater if they want to see more than one of their four different productions because there is a steep discount on 2nd, 3rd, and 4th shows.
We also saw Six, an a capella group of six brothers. The first half was a bit loud on the background base, but the second half was great.
We did not care so much for the Haygoods because it is geared to a younger crowd than we four 60-somethings. It involved lots of lights and noise, but the family of six does play a number of instruments.
We heard lots of good things about "It" which, too, is a family act. We just didn't have time to squeeze it in.
If they want a break from the shows, a trip out to Dogwood Canyon is a worthwhile adventure.
Old May 31st, 2013, 06:46 PM

Also, our hotel, the Fairfield, gave us a list of shows and the name of a ticket agent who discounted all the tickets by about five dollars. You can call the hotel and ask for the name of the agent. The hotel was amazingly helpful during our entire stay.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 10:37 AM

Without question, the very best show is The Haygoods. I've seen them about twice a year for the past 20 years. They were originally at SDC, but moved out on there on about 10 years ago.
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 07:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Unless it is their thing I would avoid any of those Bible-themed extravaganzas. They are fine if that appeals.
Old Jun 4th, 2013, 09:55 AM

Shoji Tabuchi -- It has been quite a few years (20?) since we saw this show -- maybe this is a sign of its quality. Our group consisted of pre-teens to retirees and it was enjoyed by all. I recently saw the Chinese acrobats and thought my kids would have enjoyed it when they were young.
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 02:13 PM

Great request! In fact, many years ago when I did public relations for Presleys Theatre, we did it just this way-personal recommendations generated from those who enjoyed the show.
This year, I've written about what rose to the top for me. Here's my blog which may help you make decisions for the trip.
http://theshortlink.com/bransons-best-show
Your parents will thoroughly enjoy their time here. (By the way, I no longer do P.R. I'm a fulltime freelance writer and blogger
Old Jul 16th, 2013, 04:24 PM

If your parents were teen in the 50's, "At The Hop" is a great show. Very energetic and lots of good shows.

Sixx was also excellent. Shoji Tabuchi bored me. Planning to see "Broadway, Star Spangled Celebration" this year. Have heard some good things about it.