help! sandiego pacific beach or la jolla

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 02:35 PM
Annie

help! sandiego pacific beach or la jolla

I have a current reservation for Scripps Inn in La jolla, but haven't heard much about it. Also, no pool or a/c there. Also, saw some condos that look interesting oceanfront on Pacific Beach. Do you think I should make a switch? I need a condo as there are 4 of us. I still have a week or 2 to cancel if I need to. Also, would appreciate any restaurant suggestions near zoo or seaworld.
Thanks!

Old Jul 13th, 2002, 03:05 PM
resident

The zoo has a wonderful restaurant called Albert's in the Treehouse, downstairs. Also, Hillcrest & downtown are nearby with dozens of choices.
Have a wonderful vacation.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:32 PM
l252

I stayed here in Jan 2002. I liked it because you can hear the ocean from your room at night and it is in a quiet part of La Jolla Village. Great location!

The rooms are not luxurious, but large, clean and comfortable. They are a decent value for the area.

Old Aug 14th, 2002, 01:48 PM
e

Yes, stay in La Jolla. Albert's at the zoo is nice, or try The Prado in Balboa Park, which is within walking distance of the zoo, and around all the museums.
Balboa Park is beautiful!

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 07:43 PM
Avalon

Pacific Beach is more beachy if you are used to east coast beaches. La Jolla is beautiful, scenic but rocky. We stayed at the Pacific Terrace Hotel, which is in the northern part of Pacific Beach. We took day trips to La Jolla and Seaworld (very close) and San Diego Zoo(15 minutes). You could fit 4 in one of there suites. There is a kitchenette and delivery service from several nearby restaurants-although there is no room service. It is right on the beach and the pool is beautiful.

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 09:03 AM
x

la jolla is much more upscale then pacific beach. other then "the cove" you will have to drive to swimming beaches. la jolla is a great place for watching sunsets and there are plenty of restaurants to choose from but most are upscale.
pacific beach is a much younger crowd and much more lively place then la jolla, more centrally located and more variety in price range of restaurants. the boardwalk is write there for biking, blading or walking. nice to be able to come out of your condo and be right on the beach. however, there are some bad and good condos in the area. you could post the address and people could let you know if it's a decent one. make sure a parking spot comes along with the condo.
you won't need a/c.