BLUE MAN GROUP

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:56 AM
dan

BLUE MAN GROUP

We are going to see BMG on Saturday night at 10:00. Are there any good places to eat in that area? Is it a nice theater or is it kind of dumpy?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 09:59 AM
gc

Boston?
NY?
Las Vegas?
?

Old Aug 13th, 2002, 12:33 PM
dan

blue man group at the astor palace theater in new york.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 10:04 AM
Rachel

Hi! We went with 3 kids ages 11, 9, and 7 to BMG a few months ago in NYC. They loved it! The theatre is wierd, but its supposed to be. Its painted black with tubes going all over the place. The show is very hi-tech, funny, and cool with a great ending. You will love it. It is wonderful to see something so creative and original (as opposed to more saccharine, traditional Broadway fare like Music Man, etc.). Encourages kids to use their imagination. Enjoy!

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 10:06 AM
Rachel

Just reread your message and oops no kids mentioned. Sorry. But my husband and I loved it and so did everyone in the audience.

Old Aug 15th, 2002, 09:27 PM
Jon

I will be going to see Blue Man Group in Chicago next weekend. Is there a good restaurant within walking distance?

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 08:44 AM
Tom

ttt

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 09:04 AM
Racy

Jon -- there are so many good restaurants near the Briar Street Theater, I recommend you use one of the restaurant serch tool (either metromix.com or chicaogoreader.com) to narrow your choices with regard to cuisine and price.

It should allow you to search by distance from the theater.

HTH,
Racy

Old Aug 16th, 2002, 09:57 AM
Mike

There are plenty of restaurants near the Astor Place Theatre, especially if you head east a couple blocks into teh East Village. If you want really close by, there is a Brazillian BBQ across the street called Riodizio. It's an all you can eat dinner where they bring meat to your table on skewers and you choose what you want, about $50 pp incl tip w/o drinks. Other than that you must let us know what type of cuisine and budget.

BTW, the theatre is kinda dumpy but that's part of the appeal.