Help needed on parking in Boston

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:23 AM
Pamela

Hi,
I will need to park my car over the weekend very close to the Fleet Center. I will be dropping off my car around 6am on Saturday morning. Any suggestions of where to park for the weekend that will be close enough and not rob me blind?
Thanks!

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 04:28 AM
monique

Why do you need to park near the Fleet Center. Parking is pretty expensive; there's a garage there that you can park at for $20 if you are attending an event (need your ticket stub to get this rate). Where are you coming from? I would suggest that you park outside the city and take the T in. Or, if you are staying at an expensive hotel, they might be able to hook you up.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 05:33 AM
r-travels

I agree w/ Monique. Find rail stations (eg: Woburn) on one of the MBTA rail lines that come into NorthStation / FleetCenter and take the rail.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 06:18 AM
elcar

Last summer we ignored all warnings and parked downtown - near the Prudential Center. All day till 7 pm cost $36 MORE EXPENSIVE THAN NYC!!! We hated Boston and everything in it. It was the most money we ever spent on teh worst vacation ever

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 07:56 AM
Pamela

Thanks, but we live in Waltham and are going to catch a tour bus to Buffalo at 6am on Saturday morning. I doubt that the T runs before 6am on a Saturday. Cabs can be just as expensive if not more that parking so I was just wondering what our alternatives were. We will be away from Saturday morning until Monday night.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Beantown

First waltham commuter rail on Sat is 6:50 AM

How about the mud lots over near the new federal court house. Not sure about paking on weekends but I know it is cheap on weekdays. Could then walk up to Boston Harbor Hotel and catch cab to Fleet Center

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 08:22 AM
Sam

Yikes, that much parking is going to really set you back. You might want to consider taking the T into town the night before and staying at a hotel within walking distance of your bus. Try Priceline.

Old Oct 29th, 2002, 09:46 PM
nofriend

elcar

Boston hated you too!

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 04:29 AM
John

Consider taking a taxi in and out. We live in Lexington and play about $40 to get to and from Logan. cost may be more than parking (try at Government Center) but convenience may make up for it.