Reload this Page >

Boston Garage Parking on Weekdays near Quincy Market

Notices

Old Jul 28th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We're going to spend 4 nights (Monday-Thursday)in a rental apartment near Quincy Market (on Broad at Milk). The only garages I've been able to check prices at are very expensive ($32-34 per day, with each 24 hour period beginning at 5 am, which means we'll be dinged for the full day's price by the time we leave Friday morning). Wondering if anyone knows of something in the vicinity a little more reasonable--for example, how much is the parking at Boston Common? I somewhat used to garage prices as I've parked in downtown DC for years, but these Boston prices are almost double what I'm used to. We probably won't use our car while we're there, so the closest location is not a must. Thanks for any help.

Ruth
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 07:37 AM

There are a bunch of open air parking lots just across Ft Point Channel from the downtown area, generally adjacent to the Moakley Federal Courthouse. It is outdoor parking, about 15-20 minutes walk from where you are. They are much cheaper than the downtown garages.

The Common garage is currently $27 for the 24 hour day, if I recall correctly.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Original Poster

Thanks. As we're leaving the car overnight for several nights, I'd feel more comfortable with a closed garage situation.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 08:40 AM

This is a good tool to compare prices.

http://boston.bestparking.com/

I doubt you'd be able to find anything for less than $25/day, Boston is tiny and parking rates reflect that.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 09:07 AM
yk

Where will you be driving into Boston from?

If you really want to save $, you can park your car in the garages at MBTA stations and take the T to your apartment.

I've parked at Woodland station (on Green Line D) and at Alewife station. Woodland is $4/day and Alewife is $5/day. The garages allow overnight parking. But of course, it also depends on what time you'll arrive on Monday. It'll probably be difficult to find an open spot at the garages if you arrive in mid-morning.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Original Poster

We'll be coming through Lexington & Concord, but I'm not looking to save so much money that I want to use an MBTA lot.

I had just found the website you provided, wyatt92, and it is great. It shows a garage a block from our location that is reasonable but I'm not sure it will do overnight parking. Have talked with the Harbor garage near the aquarium and while it's $34 per day, they do a 24 hour billing cycle rather than starting the clock again each morning. So arriving Monday afternoon and leaving Friday morning will mean only 4 days' cost instead of 5.

I feel a little silly doing so much research on a parking garage, but the last thing we want to do is drive all around Boston looking for a place to safely leave the car.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 12:47 PM

Be sure to verify the rates when using a garage/lot you find on the BestParking website before pulling in. Sometimes rates are higher, but sometimes lower. And, not ALL garages are shown, and we've often found places neaby with better rates.

We often used the garage at Winthrop Square (Devonshire/Franklin/Otis) because of the low rates. It's an excellent garage, about a ten minute walk from Broad/Milk. It's shown on the BestParking map.
Old Jul 28th, 2008, 06:55 PM
Original Poster

Thanks djkbooks. I will check out that garage. I did also call the one on Broad St. near the apartment and verify the price ($34 per 24 hours not per day )and that they have overnight parking; I am reluctant to accept a third-party website as the final word.