Help! need last minute transport from SeaTac

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 23 yo daughter is flying to Seattle tomorrow for a 4 week class. The person was supposed to pick her up at the airport JUST called to say that she can't so now we're trying to figure out how to get her from the airport to her housing near 75th st NE and 40th Ave NE in Seattle. Are there any buses or shuttles that can get her close or is she stuck taking a cab from the airport? She's a grad student on a tight budget.
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:14 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
How much luggage will she have with her? She could use Metro bus by going from the airport to downtown, then transfering to the appropriate route to get out that way (it's quite a distance the cross-streets you mention). Check Metro website for routes and times. But this would be kind of a hassle, and I'm not sure if that will work if she has any more than a single suitcase she can easily maange.

Maybe check with Shuttle Express?
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM

You beat me to it Suze, I was going to say Shuttle Express, especially if she has a bit of luggage. I used to use it quite frequently when I lived out there.
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM

Shuttle Express will take her to exactly where she needs to be. No prebooking required, but it is easier if you reserve(just not required). At the airport, just head over to their area in the parking garage. We used them often when we lived in the area, and DH still uses them when he is there on business. They are reliable and professional.
Old Jul 3rd, 2009, 07:34 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. She'll have one suitcase and a backpack. I found a trip planner on the Metro website and found a couple of routes that get her close. She got a hold of the person that she is renting a room from and she said she could pick her up at the bus stop. But now we're not sure of the address because she didn't have the city. She just assumed it was Seattle and that address did come up BUT she says it's supposed to be across the street from St. Edwards Park and that's on the other side of Lake Washington! The same street address in Kirkland came up across from a park but it was Denny Park. Oy! The roommate gave her a different bus route than what I found so hopefully that one works since I still don't think my daughter has confirmed the town yet! I'll give her the Shuttle Express info too but she's got to get the right town to use that. I'll give her my GPS so she'll at least know where she is! Kids!