Help in Fort Worth!

Old Jun 23rd, 2003, 04:12 PM
Original Poster

Help in Fort Worth!

My husband and I are attending a conference in Fort Worth in early August at the Renaissance Worthington Hotel. We'd planned on having a cocktail reception at the hotel, but found out today that all the "party" rooms have been reserved, including all the suites. Does anyone have an idea of a bar or restaurant VERY nearby (a block or two)where we could have a reception for a couple of hours...say from 5:30 to 7:30? From past experience, I don't think people coming in from out-of-state will want to walk very far, especially in the summer heat. Thanks in advance!
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 06:50 AM

The Worthington is right near the Sundance Square area of downtown Fort Worth, which has plenty of great bars and restaurants. The most notable is Reata, which is a Fort Worth legend. I would contact the Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce to see what others might be able to accommodate your group.
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 07:51 AM

Susan, Also check about Etta's Place. It is a wonderful "downtown" bed and breakfast located in Sundance Square. They have a beautiful library and courtyard and they host receptions which are quite lovely. Their number is 817-654-0267. It is a very short walk from the Worthington - just around the corner....
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 08:34 AM

My niece just got married at The Ashton Hotel in Fort Worth. After the wedding dinner, a bunch of us went to the Reata. It really is a great place. As stated, there are many restaurants, etc., in Sundance Square. Have you asked the concierge at the Worthington for their advice?
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the good ideas! I'd already checked out the website for Sundance Square but without knowing which restaurants are good, it's difficult to know if any of them would fit the bill. Could someone please tell me what kind of food Reata has? I found their website but wasn't able to find any information about the food itself...
Old Jun 25th, 2003, 11:38 AM

Reata is known for unique, "West Texas cowboy" cuisine. They also have very good steaks. The chefs there are some of the best in Fort Worth and if you don't see something you like, they'll create it for you! http://www.reata.net/