Help choose Seattle hotel

Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help choose Seattle hotel

Love Seattle- Have stayed at the Inn at the Market several times but is is getting fairly pricey. I am considering the Hotel Andra or a deal at the Hotel Alexis. I like Belltown,but ALexis may be more central??? Also always want a quiet place. Diane
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 04:14 PM

I had to look at this twice. For a minute I thought maybe I posted it. I too loved Inn at the Market but it priced itself out for me. I've stayed at the Alexis which was nice, but also seemed overpriced for what it was -- and I've read it's in need of some more refurbishment. I was torn between Hotel Andra and Inn at the Harbor Steps, but this week finally made the leap and called to book Inn at the Harbor Steps to find it is completely sold out for my dates in July!! Which tells me it is a great choice. So I've booked at the Hotel Andra. It occurred to me that last time in Seattle we actually ate twice in three nights in Belltown, and ate lunch and walked there in the day, so I'm kind of thinking the location is even better for us. And I loved getting the price of $ 159.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:16 PM

zinfantic, Andra has a much better location in downtown Seattle. Alexis is quite a hike to some locations as it is located at the bottom of a several block hill.
Patrick, one of the reasons that the Inn at Harbor Steps is sold out is that it is only 20 rooms. More like a B&B in downtown. The Andra is priced right now as it is a new property...You did well at $159...Where did you book it to get that rate?
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 07:28 PM

I looked at the Hotel Andra site on the internet, then did something really archaic. I picked up the telephone -- remember those things -- and called them and booked. LOL. It's an AAA rate, by the way. I couldn't book two rooms on the internet, and was afraid that if I did it twice, they'd think it was a duplicate and cancel one. That's why I phoned. I did love the guy telling me they have free parking. When I pressed him, he meant if we find a place on the street. Otherwise it's about $20 a day.

And actually the Inn at Harbor Steps website kept showing nothing available (we arrive on a Saturday). Finally I called them and immediately the girl said, that was silly, they DO have rooms. Then when I said it was for three nights, she said no, they have a "group" coming in for Sunday and Monday.
Old Jan 19th, 2005, 09:02 PM

We really liked our four night stay at the Andra in September. Our room was large and attractively furnished, and the hotel is very well located. We would definitely stay there again.
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 03:26 AM
lovingheart

Hotel Andra is better located for shopping, restaurants, theaters, and transportation than the Alexis or Inn at the Market.

It is located on the boundry line of Belltown that abuts the downtown retail core.

Old Jan 20th, 2005, 07:01 AM

The Westin. Besides, who can resist the wonderful bedding....
Old Jan 20th, 2005, 07:07 AM

The Marqueen Hotel is a nice, small hotel. It is at the bottom of Queen Anne hill so it's a little out of the way from Belltown. We've gotten very good rates there.