Search

Hawaii Oahu Island

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:59 AM
Jane

Hawaii Oahu Island

I am going to Wikiki beach and would appreciate if anyone would fill me in on good but cheap (for Hawaii) places to eat. I heard it takes about a week before you figure out the places to go and the places to avoid. Trying to get a heads up before going out there. Thanks for your time all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:11 AM
Mike

Just pick any street corner in Waikiki and you can find good eats cheap. When you get to the airport make sure to pick up the Oahu now magazine and the free coupon books there. These coupons have a lot of buy one get one free deals. They are too good to resist. You can also get them on the streets in Waikiki, but I would pick up mine while at the airport so I can look them over while we are unpacking.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:28 AM
Sue

Do a text search on "cheap eats on Oahu".

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 11:49 AM
nu

ttt

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:42 PM
fifi

You can get coupon books in boxes on the streets. Ala Moana Shopping Center has a food court. Zippy's is cheap. Ask young employees were you are staying. They will know cheap places to eat.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 09:43 AM
MissWaikiki

The food Court at International Markeplace has a variety of different types of food at reasonable prices. But don't by your soda pop in there; it's cheaper at the 7-Eleven in the lobby of the Coral Reef hotel just outside of the food court on Kuhio Ave.
ABC stores have good sales on bottled water (1 1/2 liters for 89 cents).

Aloha

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 10:44 AM
Lois

We were there a couple weeks ago. While there we stumbled on a good, very inexpensive plate lunch place on the southern loop of the island. It's on the right side of the road after you pass Waiamanalo Beach Park. There's a 7-11 on the right, and on the same side of the street, on the other corner, is a white with blue trim bldg. We had a chicken teriyaki plate lunch for $5 [including a large drink!] and it was very good. Also, way more food than we could eat!