Search

Hawaii Honeymoon

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18th, 2010, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hawaii Honeymoon

Hi, My fiance and I are starting to look into where to take our honeymoon. It will be in the month of October. We know we want beach, relaxation, swimming, snorkeling, and just a place to enjoy ourselves. I have been to Hawaii and did the tourist thing however my fiance has not. We are looking for luxury and the ultimate honeymoon stay. What are any recommendations for places to stay? islands? etc...

Thanks!
Jerseygrl
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 09:57 PM

You're describing the kind of honeymoon I'd like if I were wishing for a place to get away from it all, snorkel, eat wonderful food, and relax in a laid back, unpretentious, beautiful place. My favorite haven is Kona Village Resort on the Big Island, and I'm such a fan I've done a website to describe it in detail--kind of a "fanzine." You couldn't go wrong just looking at www.davidskvr.net because with over 300 pictures and 31 video clips you'll be able to tell whether it suits you or not. KVR is unique among all the resorts in Hawai'i and the return rate is an amazing 66%, so for a lot of us, it's the only place to go. And it's got honeymoon written all over it. Oh, and I just learned that Jetsetter.com is having a really good offer, particularly for the Royal category bungalows. Worth a look.
David
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 10:01 PM

Two more things: if you want to take a day for sightseeing, you can rent a car at the village and they'll give you a box lunch or vouchers for a number of restaurants on the island. Also if you want to take a helicopter tour of the volcano, they'll pick you up and drop you off at the village.
David
Old Jul 18th, 2010, 10:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks David! Will check that out.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 12:35 AM

For a honeymoon getaway and sheer luxury, I'd opt for the Four Seasons Manele Bay on the island of Lanai: http://tinyurl.com/24nrcff

Another hotel with gorgeous views that would still be lovely at that time of year (wetter in the winter) is the St. Regis Princeville Hotel: http://www.princeville.com/hotel.html

Enjoy!
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:57 AM

I would recommend the Kana'apali area of Maui... beautiful beaches, snorkeling and within a short drive of Lahaina for some activity and fun... all of the major resorts offer hotels as well as villas or condos... also one of the best Luaus at Old Lahaina Luau...
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:43 AM

The month of October is a great time of the year at Kona Village and the Big Island. So I second David recommendation regarding Kona Village. The Big Island has the best snorkeling of the islandw and KVR has the best snorkeling amoung resorts (if that's important to your). It's a large property with a small initimate resort feeling. The gardens and ponds are beautiful at night, just perfect for those romantic evening walks. But it is not for everyone, so do your homework. Many will point out that it is not as luxurious as the 4 Season or St. Regis. Nor to they try to be that type of resort.

Do you homework and tell us your choice. Have fun. I am sure you'll love any of the majors resorts.

Bill
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 08:56 AM

Two very romantic resorts are: the Hyatt at Poipu Beach in Kauai and the Hyatt in Kaanapali, Maui.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:07 AM
cmt

I replied to you on one of your other threads, but you never returned to the thread. If you click on your name, you will see a list of other threads that you've started. I posted on one of the southern Italy threads, suggesting the Aeolian islands.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:09 AM
cmt

It was this thread of yours that I replied to: http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...p-387755-2.cfm
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:12 AM
cmt

This is a list of your other threads sbout planning the honeymoon. There may be other replies that you've missed:

jerseygrl's Recent Topic Activity

Hawaii Honeymoon in United States
9 responses; most recent on Jul 19, 10 at 1:09pm

Southern Italy Help!! in Europe
17 responses; most recent on Jul 19, 10 at 1:05pm

Honeymoon Help for October: Where to go for best weather?? in Caribbean Islands
3 responses; most recent on Jul 19, 10 at 9:39am

Weather in Southern Italy in October??? in Europe
2 responses; most recent on Jul 19, 10 at 8:03am

Honeymoon Help! Never been to the South Pacific in Australia & the Pacific
1 responses; most recent on Jul 19, 10 at 7:03am

Choosing a base in southern Italy in Europe
10 responses; most recent on Jul 9, 10 at 9:27am

Please help us plan our 2 week honeymoon to Italy!! in Europe
10 responses; most recent on Jul 6, 10 at 11:50pm

2 week honeymoon in Italy in Europe
2 responses; most recent on Jul 6, 10 at 7:47pm
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:26 AM
Original Poster

Thanks cmt. I am just in the process of figuring out where my fiance and I want to take our honeymoon. I dont always visit the website every day so sometimes I may not see a post and im new to this site. We are hoping to get some great ideas of places to see and where the best place for a honeymoon would be in October 2011. Thanks.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:45 AM
cmt

The Aeolian Islands post was from Wednesday, July 14, at 11:19 a.m. If you click on the link I gave you to the southern Italy thread, you'll easily find it. (But it was followed by several posts by people fighting with each other, sand I thought perhaps that was what had kept you from returning.)
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Thanks cmt....ha, it might have been what kept me from responding. I dont get why people do that on here. Thank u so much for being helpful when thats all I am looking for...not the bickering posts..haha : )
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 11:11 AM

You might want to consider that a honeymoon might offer one of the few chances at this stage in life to get someplace far away where you need at least two weeks to do it properly. Also consider there are a host of places that are difficult to travel with kids if you're considering starting a family in the near future.

When my wife and I were planning our honeymoon a decade ago we specifically looked at places that were not "easy" trips from New York or places that would be difficult to do for several years with children.

For that reason we picked Southeast Asia, specifically Thailand and Bali.

Hawaii is a great choice. Just wonder if you've considered that somewhere like Australia or parts of Asia might be far more difficult trips to make in the future, making them interesting options to consider now.
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

Hi Ryan, Thanks for the input and that is great advice! We have been considering the greek islands, southern italy, hawaii, and the south pacific. I have always wanted to venture to Bora Bora and Moorea but have also always wanted to see Australia. Its been kind of hard choosing where to go as there are so many wonderful places to visit. And yes, we are planning to do a two week honeymoon so we should pick a spot that is different than any other.

Thanks!!
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 04:19 PM

my favorite place in the world is the island of kauai. a friend whom I introduced to hawaii just got back from Greece. She said Santorino was the most beautiful place. Good luck deciding.