Reload this Page >

Have you just returned from Disney

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:44 AM
NICOLA

Hi, I am travelling to Disney and Universal next week (29 April) and am wondering how the crowds are, how long are we waiting in ques etc. aslo, what is the weather like, we are coming from England and are used to the rain but would love to have some sunshine without carrying our ponchos!! thanks

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:53 AM
gail

My mother and my daughter just returned from WDW week of 4/15. That was school vacation week in Northeast so it was more crowded than a usual April week, but not oppressive. We have been first week in May and it is a perfect time - not school vacation week and summer tourists are not there yet. They had rain one day only. Rain in Florida at this time of year usually is a fast and strong shower, but not an all-day mess. Have a good trip.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 05:40 AM
linda

Nicola,
You have missed spring break and college grads. You have picked a wonderful week to be at Disney. I checked for you at weather.com and they are predicting high 80's , so bring your bathing suit.So far, there's no rain forecasted for that weekend, but before you go, I suggest checking that site. Have fun!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:44 PM
Postal

I live in Orlando and can tell you the weather has been very dry - sorry, but we're all praying for rain! It has been in the mid to high '80's for the past week with the same expected in the near future.

If our normal "summer weather pattern" ever gets going, we'll have about an hour of rain each afternoon at about 2 or 3 PM.

Disney is empty for the next few weeks; it's the best time to go. I frequently go at this time of year and do three parks in one day!

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 04:54 PM
Kristin

Was there on Saturday. FAR from empty, but I've definitely seen it worse. The only problem I had, (and I'm a Floridian) was that it was soooo hot! I would bring a water bottle and lots of sunscreen, and definitely stick to warm weather clothes. (We actually saw people there with long sleeves and jeans- yikes!) The only other things to note are the Flower Festival at Epcot has brought on more crowds, and Magic Kingdom has been closing early on the weekends (7-8p.m.) for Grad night. Also there were no fireworks at the magic kingdom those nights. In any case, have fun!