Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at the Cali Cochitta B&B in Moab?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7th, 2004, 07:14 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for a nice B&B in Moab for our first trip to S UT this coming Nov. The web site for CC looks nice, but you never know til you get there... has anyone stayed there? My husband and I will be staying 2 nights and hope to hike around a bit. We prefer a quiet atmosphere (i.e. no loud kids) to relax and enjoy - however we are on a budget. Any advice on where to stay? thanks!!
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 11:17 AM

Jen,

The "House of Dreams" is first class in all areas. What we liked best was the personal and kind touch of class which permeated throughout our stay. I honestly thought I was part of the innkeeper's family! I know they meant that to be, but that is hard to do! We left Moab with a sense of friendship which rarely would exist from such a short stay! Anyway, we have stayed with these good people four times and we live in Columbia, SC!!! I even referred my sister and her husband to stop there on the way from South Carolina to Utah last July! I also have referred a business owner acquintence I met last year from Augusta, GA.

Our B&B stay at the Cali Cochita remains one of the best B&B accommodations we have ever experienced. And after serving in the Army for over 28 years, I have traveled all over the place. This B&B exceeds all standards and I would unhesitatingly refer this superb B&B to those travelers out there who want a comfortable stay with these superb innkeepers who truly mean to make their guests feel right at home but at the same time allow the proper space needed by many. They have done it right. This B&B has captured the essence of what a superb B&B should be. The innkeeper's sincerity, friendship, consideration and refreshing kindness is very well appreciated. In sum, while there is much to do in Moab, such as hiking, biking, rafting, eating, and relaxing the message here is that there is a very special B&B waiting the weary or perhaps curious traveler with the very best accommodations that innkeepers in other locations would dream for.

Lastly, David and Kim Bolger are not only outstanding innkeepers but outstanding individuals who pride themselves in management of one of the finest B&Bs in the United States! Not only is this B&B exceptional in all areas, David Bolger is also an exceptional cook who has entertained in major events in Washington D.C. years ago. Anyway, if asked well in advance, he will prepare a dinner for guests who would like to experience the pleasures of fine dining. So the Cali Cochita could be called a Bed & Breakfast and Dinner too! The three dinner meals we have had the pleasure to experience is by far the most exceptional meals I have ever experienced. David's culinary talents are extraordinary. So as a special treat for those travelers who have not experienced dining at its best in some time, I would highly recommend a romantic dinner for two at the renown Cali Cochita in Moab, Utah. You will not regret it.

Enjoy your travels Jen the skier!

Kind regards,

Buddy Maertens
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 07:59 PM

We just stayed there last week and agree 100% with Buddy on each and every comment!

I posted a trip report on here, just click my name and it should come up or type in Moab in the search box at the top of this page or type in Cali cochitta in the box for my review.

[Kim and David spoke highly of you Buddy!]

Email me directly Jen if you have any Q's. The rates go down in November, so you should do well.

Also, read the reviews on tripadvisor.com...all give Cali Cochitta glowing and accurate reviews. And the pictures don't do the inn justice.

Hope this helps...

Debi
Old Sep 16th, 2006, 08:56 AM

Dear budrock and Deb,

Did you notice that Jen's post is over 2 years old? Since Jen is a friend and co-worker I know they stayed at the Dreamkeeper Inn and loved it.

Sometime I guess I'll try out the Cali Cochitta. Good to know there is another nice choice. I've also heard good things about the Sunflower Inn, but that it is a bit impersonal.
Old Sep 17th, 2006, 06:35 AM

LOL Dayle!! I didn't notice the date of Jen's Q.

Debi