Has anyone ever ziplined in Maui?

Apr 9th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Original Poster

Has anyone ever ziplined in Maui?

This August I am traveling to Maui with five others and one of the activities we have decided to try while there is ziplining. We have booked a tour with a company called Skyline Eco-Adventures. We are doing their Haleakala tour and we are curious if anyone has ever done this tour before. What were your thoughts on it? What did you think of the tour, the company, etc?
Apr 9th, 2008, 05:03 PM

I've ziplined in 2 spots. Once in El Salvador and another with Skyline Eco-Adventures. It goes without saying that my Maui zipline trip was much safer.

I highly recommend it. They start you off slowly with short slow runs. Each run gets faster and longer. The final one is so exciting, that you'll want to do it again! The walks through the Eucalyptus is nice and the guides are extremely knowledgeable.

Here's another review:

http://www.mauiinformationguide.com/...line-tours.php
Apr 12th, 2008, 07:08 PM

I have not ziplined yet but we are going at the end of May and have booked the same tour as you! If I remember, I will post when I get back, or you could shoot me an email and I will let you know how it was. I'm really excited, but scared too, as I'm not a fan of heights!!
Jun 3rd, 2008, 12:58 PM

We got back from Maui a couple days ago, and we loved ziplining! We did the same tour that you have booked, the Haleakala zipline with Skyline Eco-Adventures. The guides are hilarious, and we all had a great time. They only have five ziplines there while the West Maui Mountain part has eight, but they say the Haleakala ones are faster. You will get dirty, so wear old shoes. Have a great time!!
Jun 3rd, 2008, 01:07 PM

i have to agree with everyone else. we did that same tour and loved it! great company!
Jun 3rd, 2008, 06:35 PM

Don't know about this Maui, but we just ziplined in Colorado (22 lines) and it was fantastic. If yours is half as good as ours, you will enjoy it. Our scenery was very good, but I would think in Hawaii it would even be better. We did cross over Animas River 4 times, and that was really cool.
Jun 4th, 2008, 06:38 PM

22 lines!!! Wow! Where was that in Colorado? Just in case we ever go there, since ziplining is one of my new favorite things!
Jun 4th, 2008, 07:22 PM

Roatan Island -- Honduras in February. We had 26 stations on our zip lining thru the jungle.
dave
Jun 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM

We just ziplined last week with the same company above Kaanapali. Great guides, a great time for all. Wear things that can get dirty.
Jun 6th, 2008, 03:36 AM

The ziplining in Colorado is near Durango. The only way to get there is by train or helicopter. They take only 40 people per day. They say it isn't zipling, but they call it soaring. You don't control your speed with your hand, you come to a stop with an uphill swing in the line the last few feet. It is rediculous how much effort these people have gone to not to hurt any of the trees, not to mention safety. All of the lines are made os stainless steel not regular steel. Their website is www.soaringcolorado.com.

They feed you a nice lunch as well. It is more expensive that most places, but the train ride is included and lunch. Very Very upscale.