Search

Maui ATV Tour

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16th, 2004, 11:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maui ATV Tour

Has anyone taken an ATV tour on Maui? I have found two companies and was wondering if anyone has tried either one. Haleakala ATV Tours or Maui ATV Tours.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 01:48 PM

We booked the 4 hour Maui ATV tour. I have heard from multiple (both male and female) people that this was the best thing (or one of the best things) they did on their trip to Maui.

I booked mine through barefoothawaii.com and saved $10 per ticket, they are really friendly.

Good Luck!

Christine
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 02:26 PM

IMO Definitely go with Maui ATV--it was the highlight of our trip last month. Not only was the drive up beautiful, it was interesting to actually to be driving along what was the view from our hotel.

We try to do an ATV tour on our vacations whenever they're available. Maui ATV is not slick; it's kind of like a home-run operation but the guides were great. Safety was very important, but they allowed our kids to "hot rod" on some safe, flat stretches. It's part of a huge privately owned ranch and the guides worked on the ranch as well.

There was a group of eight on our tour that were being horribly rude to the three guides and the other guests; the two male guides herded them and the female guide stayed with the families to be sure it didn't spoil the trip for anyone. We only did the two hour trip and wished that we had done the four.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 03:17 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the reports. That was the company I was leaning to but wanted some input from others. We have ATV'd in British Columbia and in Bend, OR. It was the highlight of our trips as well.
Old Aug 17th, 2004, 03:25 PM

We took our first ATV tour in Whistler and have been hooked ever since!
Old Aug 18th, 2004, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Same with us. It was at Whistler as well.
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 07:08 AM

Bend, Oregon! That is in my neck of the woods (it is actually a couple of hours away, I live outside Portland). What company does ATV tours in Bend???

Thanks,

Christine
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 07:36 AM

I have never done an ATV tour and I'm wondering if one of you could tell me more about them. What makes it so much fun? Are they very noisy? Are they bad for the environment? I'm going to Maui in December but never thought of doing an ATV tour, but maybe I should!
Old Aug 19th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Original Poster

Hey CMWMAUI, it was actually at Sunriver. It was a little dusty, but too much fun.
pdxgirl, I'm from Portland as well. As I have mentioned before, I have been on two tours, both 3 1/2 to 4 hours long. 2 hours is not enough. My wife grew up on snowmobiles, but was a little nervous about it. I grew up on motorcycles, but never been on an ATV. It's fun to see the countryside of whatever area you are in. You typically are on trails that are well mantained so you don't hurt the environment. They aren't too noisey, but it is a real rush when you get them going. It was hard to get my wife off of them after out first outing in Whistler. Try it.