Harrington Hotel how is it?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:20 AM
Terri

Hi,
Has anyone stayed at the Harrington hotel?
If so how did you like it?
tahnks

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 10:51 AM
Nora

In DC? Avoid it. For some reason this hotel keeps appearing on DC places to stay. It wasn't worthy the list 10 years ago and it still isn't.

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 11:58 AM
Terri

Nora,
thanks for the opion. do you have any suggestions for hotels in the same area of Washington DC. or any other remommendations?
Thanks

Old Jan 14th, 2003, 12:14 PM
r-travels

Red Roof Inn 1 block east of Gallery Place / Chinatown. Clean, safe, quiet, inexpensive, but not fancy by any means. Stayed there in December. Also stopped into Harrington, and it appeared OK from the public areas anyway ... I did not see the rooms. When I travel, I look for the above criteria, I do not need luxury.

Old Jan 21st, 2003, 07:07 PM
Christina

There is a relatively new SHeraton Four Points near there, a few blocks north at K St. My sister stayed there a few months ago on some business trip and I was skeptical (because I knew it used to be a crummy Days Inn), but she said it wasn't bad and I've heard that from others, also. Sheraton renovated it a lot and there is a fancy restaurant in there (Corduroy) so I guess that keeps it up. That area is okay, I've been around there at night at restaurants or dropping her off, and it's just a short distance from the Harrington. I would prefer that area to Gallery Place myself.

Old Jan 23rd, 2003, 02:43 PM
Lois

The Harrington is very old. One that is a couple of blocks the other direction is the JW Marriott -- very close to everything & excellent rooms. Walkable to the White House, the Mall area, etc. Also, right at Metro Center Metro stop. I work a block away from this area & am very familiar with it all.