Harley Weekend in Wildwood, NJ

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2007, 04:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are considering staying at a "DooWop" motel in Wildwood on a weekend when thousands of Harley riders descend upon the town. At first, I dismissed the idea out of hand, but on second thought I'm thinking it could add to the general hilarity of the setting: 50's motel, boardwalk, rides and Harleys. Considering that we do not frequent bars, and we are in possession of earplugs, how rowdy could this get for the average non-biker tourist?
Old Jul 13th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Pausanias

Biker gatherings tend to the squalid. They are not cute. I'm a motorcyclist and wouldn't be caught dead near one.

Old Jul 13th, 2007, 11:41 AM
GBC

Hi Maggi,

There's no way to know just what a particular location will experience. Why not consider moving up or down the coast just a little and visit Wildwood during the day? Avalon, Stone Harbor, or Cape May are all close enough to do this. As I recall, this is three weeks or so after Labor Day - you will be able to find rooms then. Beware; there is also Firemens' weekend, Irish weekend, etc.
Old Jul 14th, 2007, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Pausanias, bikers aren't "cute"? Awww, I've known some cute ones. I guess I must be mentally stuck in a Gidget movie. I'll take advice from someone who knows. Thanks.
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 06:08 AM

On our way from Atlantic City a couple weeks ago, we wanted to take the Ferry in Cape May. However, it was booked for the day. The lady at an information center suggested Wildwoods had a nice beach. Which they did. However, the hotels and town were so run-down. It was bad! I wouldn't stay there!
Old Jul 27th, 2007, 07:35 AM

I live in Milwaukee, the home of Harley, but I'm not a motorcyclist. The Harley gatherings are lots of fun to see, and the owners are not unpleasantly rowdy. The 100th anniversary was amazing--hundreds of thousands of Harleys all over town.