Places to stay,

Things to see,

Great Jazz to hear,

Fab food to eat,

etc.
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 10:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"Great Jazz to hear.."

Since you're in town on a Monday night, maybe you want to take the opportunity to see the legendary Les Paul performing at the Iridium Jazz Club. It's not in Harlem, but located at Broadway & 51st. He has an 8:00 and 10:00 show. You can check out the website below:

http://iridiumjazzclub.com

Robyn
Old Mar 8th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

The B&B that I looked at replied to my email with a more expensive rate than what is posted on their website, so it may not be Harlem for me.

I'll check out this jazz show, thanks Robyn.
Old Mar 10th, 2009, 10:28 AM
Original Poster

Robyn,

I am in for the Iridium, and on Sunday for breafast in Sugar Hill followed by gospel church. Planning on a trip to the NY Botanical Gardens while there, too.

My cousin is working an off Broadway show, so we may go there sometime in the weekend. It seems like he is a little indirect. He wants me to come to NYC, but asked where I was staying. Then when I told him I was coming to NY, he said he might show me around but might be out of town. So when I wrote him, and said, if and when we get together, he questioned that statement. Anyway, I will make it my trip, and he can participate as little or as much as his comfort or energy level allows him. He's my little cousin for goodness sakes. So, I cotinue my planning about this, as I am very excited about NYC!

Looking into activities at the Harlem Y for poetry, tours, etc....
Old Mar 12th, 2009, 03:59 AM

GypsyMaiden - I am soooo excited for you. For several years now my husband and I have been talking about going to the Iridium to see Les Paul (he's not getting any younger, you know), but life usually gets in the way of living.

My girlfriend and I are planning a day trip into NYC on May 16th (Saturday) for my birthday present. I was thinking about taking the Grand Central Station tour (I want to walk the catwalk between the large windows), but now you've sparked my interest in the NY Botanical Gardens.

Which church will you be attending to hear the gospel music? Will it be a regular service, or is it a special concert?

I do hope you post a trip report when you return. I would be interested to hear all about your adventures.

Robyn
Old Mar 20th, 2009, 06:41 PM
Original Poster

OK, the trip report will be posted probably on Wednesday. Its free day at the Botanical Gardens on Saturday, so I'll head there for sure. Fun. Game on. Let the travel begin.
Old Mar 21st, 2009, 03:16 AM

Where did you decide to stay? I think Sugar Hill Bistro is closed if that's what you're planning. For jazz closer to Harlem, Cleopatra's Needle or http://bigapplejazz.com/harlemclubs.html