Search

Hana Maui Laundromat

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hana Maui Laundromat

Hello-
I will be staying at the Hotel Hana Maui with my husband and 4-year-old for a week. They are both messy and I hate paying hotel rates for laundry service for such a large amount of clothes. I have never been to Hana and have no idea of how isolated it really is. Is there such a thing as a laundromat or dry cleaners there?
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 06:59 PM

I'm not sure how to answer that one. But when I started thinking about it, you might want to call Hana Maui city hall? Just a thought. But I'm sure they could help you out. Just looking into the business directory
http://www.hawaii-vacation-hotels.us...-directory.htm

But then again you're to be on vacation, so just stuff the laundry bag to the top, hand it to house keeping and enjoy your holiday.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 07:03 PM

you do understand how rural Hana is? You will be paying hotel rates for most of you 7 days of dining.

I adore the HotelHana, but for a week I would need a kitchen and tv, and music.
Old Apr 16th, 2008, 11:38 PM

I'm with the prior posters. If you can foot the bill for a week of meals at the hotel, then just hand over the laundry.

They do have a self-service guest laundry at the hotel though, as I recall.

Aloha, http://beatofhawaii.com
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 05:34 AM

We didn't use it, but I think there was a guest laundry in the garden pool pavillion ( the smaller and older of the two pools). Call the hotel and ask them.

As far as food goes, if there is a baseball game at the park near the hotel there will be food vendors selling yummy local things.

There was a family out of town towards Hamoa Beach about a mile that served BBQ most of the day. It sure did look and smell good. They may still be doing it. If not them, then probably somebody else.

Eating in the bar at the hotel is a good alternative to eating in the restaurant all the time.
Old Apr 17th, 2008, 06:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your replies. Everyone had their priorities and while I don't mind paying up for food at a hotel, it kills me to do the same for laundry service. My little girl's t-shirts don't have to be professionally pressed.

I didn't dream the hotel would have self-serve laundry but thanks to your remarks, I called and found out that they in fact do. THANKS for the heads up.

Old Apr 17th, 2008, 06:27 AM

One other thing, there's no plopping her down in front of a video for an hour, if they infact still have a no tv, radio policy. I applaud you if your 4 year old can do a week without television stimulation!

And I agree about hotel laundering. I have stayed at 5 star resorts and took a break at local laundymat before!