Greenville Drive Baseball

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will be visiting Greenville in July and would like suggestions on accomodations.We want to attend a baseball game at the new stadium and a theatre event at Centre Stage.
Any suggestions?
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 05:54 PM
nkd

Greenville, SC?
Greenville, NC?
Greenville, TX?
Greenville, MS?
Greenville, MI?
Greenville, IL?
Greenville, ME?
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:36 PM

I'm guessing it's not Greeville, IL as it's a fairly small town. I don't think it has a baseball stadium (just the usual Little League/Legion League diamonds in the park) or anything called Centre Stage. But beyond that, I have the same questions at nkd.
Old Mar 3rd, 2006, 07:36 PM

*as* nkd.
Old Mar 4th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Original Poster

Greenville, SC ( Sorry I thought I posted under South Carolina) They are building a new baseball stadium which is due to open in about a month. The name of the team is the "Greenville Drive" I'm looking for suggestions on downtown accomodations.
Old Mar 6th, 2006, 04:23 AM

parry - you DID post it under South Carolina. New posts show up under the general heading when you first do them...I tend to forget that myself , as evidenced by the "bridge run" thread above.

Anyhow, I suggest the Westin Poinsett on Main street. You would have about a 3/4 mile walk (I'm guessing here) to the park...a very nice, scenic, direct walk that goes past the Peace Center, Reedy Falls, the new suspension bridge, etc. I am not sure how it is priced, might be moderately expensive.

When are you coming? (I didn't know the park was finished)
Old May 6th, 2006, 06:27 PM

I'd encourage you to stay downtown - where the new West End Field (complete with mini-version of Fenway Park's Green Monster) and Centre Stage are located. And Main Street itself is a marvelous place to walk and was recognized as 'gem' of urban renewal. The Westin Poinsett is the premier hotel on Main Street. There is also a Hyatt and Holiday Inn Express - which are fine, too. A new Hampton Inn along the Reedy River and downtown park is opening on July 1 and looks promising.

As background - I have been traveling to Greenville every two-to-three weeks for the past six months and have enjoyed getting to know the city.