Search

Great Travel Deal

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 07:43 AM
Dori

Great Travel Deal

I am from Seattle, Washington and on February 12th there was a place mentioned on KIRO Radio in Maine called Pullman Springs Inn or Polar Springs Inn that you said was $25.00/day. How would I find information on this?

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 07:48 AM
Leslie

Well, you could call the radio station and ask to speak to the producer that covers that time slot. You could also do a search for both of these locations (eg. Pullman Springs Maine). But, it's most likely Polar Springs as in "Polar Springs Water".

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 08:11 AM
Ellen

The water is Poland Springs ("Coming to you straight from Maine"). Here's the bargain place -- as I recall, it accomplishes this by cutting every corner possible -- you have to being your own sheets! But it includes breakfast, go figure.

http://www.polandspringinns.com/poland_spring_inn.htm

There are a lot of towns in Maine named after foreign countries, we had lots of fun whe we were kids tellng our friends the exotic places we had been -NOT!

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 10:45 AM
Leslie

I just looked at the ad -- looks like a great rustic place to go for a weekend. Actually, they do supply the sheets, but not the soap, towels, and water glasses. They only give you one pillow, so bring more if you need them. And, they do have TVs but only B&W in each room.

The website is very creative. And children under the age of 18 are not allowed.

Old Feb 15th, 2002, 11:50 AM
Mollie

Hi,

My parents actually went there this fall! My mom called it "funky"--sort of has that "Dirty Dancing" feel to it! It's clean, very ample mom & pop kind of food...don't go expecting gourmet! She said that she'd imagine it's better in the summer when you can use the pool and golf courses! The evening entertainment is sweet and old-timey. You have to not mind dining with strangers...the last night they were there, they had a lovely meal with a couple and on the walk after dinner, discovered the couple had just lost their son, a commercial pilot, on Sept 11th. It was a very healing place for them, they said...quaint and quiet and remnicent (spelled wrong, I know!) of childhood vacations and more innocent times.

hope this helps...

Old Jul 12th, 2002, 03:26 PM
upupup

Upupupupup