Reload this Page >

Broadmoor - Colorado Springs

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Richard

I have been wanting to spend a couple of nights at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs. The rooms are fairly expensive ($250 per night and up) I don't mind paying that if its really worth it. Is the place genuinely that unique, or is it just a lot of hype? Appreciate feedback from anyone who has stayed there. Thanks.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:23 PM
AAA

I stayed at the Broadmoor a few years back and really enjoyed it.
There was/is an ice skating rink on the property where you can sit and watch some very talented children and young adults take lessons with harnesses on.
They were flipping and turning with the protection of the harness. They looked like future olympians.
Also, I remember a beautiful lake that you could walk or jog around and get some exercise.
It was a very nice experience and I think you will enjoy it.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:35 PM
travellyn

I stayed there 2 years ago. Our room was good, not spectacular, but the overall experience was very nice. The hotel is stately and the grounds are beautiful. The large indoor swimming pool with pool toys was a big hit with my kids. I had an excellent massage at the spa, and would have enjoyed spending more time there.

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:48 PM
Richard

Thanks for your help. I was reading some old threads on the Broadmoor and a lot of people seemed to think the staff were sort of "snobbish". Did you experience any of that?

Old May 14th, 2002, 12:55 PM
travellyn

I didn't get any feel of snobbishness during my stay. I thought they were friendly and helpful. There were a lot of European staff members; maybe they appeared snobbish somehow.

Old May 14th, 2002, 02:01 PM
Grace

Richard-

Do you live in Colorado? Just curious. I am currently in Colo Sprgs but have not stayed/eaten at the Broadmoor. Have certainly heard a lot about it. That part of town has somewhat of a snobish attitude (in my opinion at least). The feel you get is more that people think they are above you because they live in the Broadmoor area.

Old May 14th, 2002, 02:41 PM
David

Richard,

Although I have not stayed there recently, The Broadmoor just underwent a fairly major rennovation. In fact, they just reopened several areas of the hotel at the beginning of this month.

As for the staff, I have encountered both wonderful and terrible employees there over the years. Again, I haven't stayed there for a couple of years; perhaps they "rennovated" some of their staff as well.

Davidcs

PS The ice-skating rink that AAA spoke of was an olympic training facility. I don't believe it's there any longer--unfortunately.

Old May 14th, 2002, 07:23 PM
John

The skating rink (which had a curling facility located next door) was torn down a few years ago. It has been replaced by a fantastic spa.