Great news: No more Heidi?

Apr 7th, 2000, 12:01 PM
John

Great news: No more Heidi?

Great news. I don't seem to be able to find Heidi. So now we can once again learn from REAL travelers' comments! It's good to know that Fodor's does care!

Apr 7th, 2000, 12:10 PM
boycottheidi

Thank you Fodor's for upholding and enforcing your own rules, and thanks to everyone who sent an e-mail about Wiley Heidi. Nice to talk to fellow travelers again!

Apr 7th, 2000, 01:23 PM
noname

Yes....a victory for the little people!

Apr 7th, 2000, 02:53 PM
Samantha

I totally agree. I had been thinking for quite a while that Heidi had an ulterior motive - the almighty dollar. While there are regulars who gladly post here and are very helpful, NO ONE has gone to the lengths that she has at this site. Glad to see that Fodor's has finally stepped in. I want advice and comments from regular travelers like me, not a travel agent who is wanting to drum up business.

Apr 7th, 2000, 03:05 PM
heidi

i' am still here

Apr 7th, 2000, 08:18 PM
Chagrined

Heidi, you minx. Tell us how it feels.

Apr 7th, 2000, 09:23 PM
jkealoha

Without being judged by anyone-which I'm sure some just won't be able to resist, I think everyone who read Heidi's thread learned a thing or two about Maui that they hadn't known until then. I have followed this board with interest to educate myself with travel topics because there is so much that one doesn't know about a specific destination. Heidi was valuable in this sense when it came to Maui. I'm sure she helped tons of people besides myself.

In addition, Heidi never covered up the fact that she was a travel agent, unlike Lottie Tagupa who went psychotic on the entire Fodors Hawaii Forum because someone had the sense to really check out her credentials and found that everything she represented was completely bogus. I have to wonder if Lottie was so filled with contempt for Heidi because of the spotlight that Heidi held - and she could never have- that it wouldn't surprise me that Lottie Tagupa would be the mastermind behind this whole thing.

I don't condone pushing travel tips to make your pocket grow. I agree with the person who said that Heidi should just get her own website and do business there instead of here.

Guess i'm on the even here... sorry if that doesn't sit well with most of you.

Apr 8th, 2000, 12:16 AM
boycottheidi

If Heidi had a spotlight, as someone called it, it's because her business is to pitch and promote her travel agency day in and day out, and boy did she ever do it here! Who has that much time to post all those messages, except someone whose travel business is going down the drain thanks to the internet and independent travel sights like this one. Her zeal was her downfall here -- everyone got sick to death of her.

With everything at your fingertips on the web, plus first hand experiences from travelers, who needs travel agents any more? They try to steer to you whatever lines their pockets the most, as anyone on commission does. So, she has to come fishing for lost clientele over here! As Fodor's states, that is not the purpose of this board. And no matter how sincerely she tried to cloak her real motives, she was here to push whatever was going to keep her and her travel agency in business.

She's apparently all over the web, on every other independent travel site out there, so if you miss her sales pitches go to those sites and find her. They aren't monitored as this one is.

Jul 14th, 2009, 06:12 PM

Lottie Tagupa is considered a Hawaii Expert. She has lived all her life in Hawai and is an incredible resource to all things about the islands.

Jkealoha...you are an idiot that's needs to get a life
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:14 PM

This may win the award for oldest needlessly resurrected post ever.
Jul 14th, 2009, 06:33 PM

Yea. And someone finding a 9 year old post that was pretty meaningless to begin with and then resurrecting it just to insult a poster from 9 years ago while telling THAT poster to get a life is really worth a laugh of two. Who needs to get a life again?