Search

Grand Wailea Construction Question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31st, 2022, 09:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grand Wailea Construction Question

Hi! I’m looking to book a vacation for my
family of 6 this August at the Grand Wailea in Maui. I understand there is ongoing construction which may impact our stay. Has anyone been recently and if so, would you mind sharing your experience with the impact of the construction on your stay? Thanks so much!
Old Apr 1st, 2022, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if you're set on Wailea, then that's that, but when just there early December, MUCH preferred the resort area of NW Maui and the lovely, historic, 'actually Hawaiian' town of Lahaina. Just north of Lahaina, you can find same resort frontage in Kaanapali as well as on northwest tip of the island, which name escapes me. Definitely more golf courses in Wailea if that's a must. Thought the Wailea area of the island left much to be desired and it seemed to us that it could've been on an island anywhere. Lahaina was wonderful and authentic like too few other places on Maui. No, didnt notice any construction issues while spending day at Wailea and Makena Beach (also not a draw, too desolate, without amenities). Preferred the state beach smack in the middle of Kaanapali complex too. And while I'm at it, our least favorite day was spending 7 hours to/fro Road to Hana, which we felt a big disappointment. True, it was drizzling on the way out, but we've seen alot of far more beautiful waterfalls on lots of other places in the world. The drive was harrowing, and the town of Hana was uncharming at best. But we loved NW Maui and enjoyed perfect 5 days!