Search

Grand Canyon

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 05:23 AM
Terry

Grand Canyon

We are taking our first trip out west in Sept for two weeks. How long should we allow for staying at the Grand Canyon. We want to see several of the national parks.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 06:24 AM
ab

depends on what you're going to do there. Just view it then I would spend the night, wake up and see the Canyon, do some tourist stuff, eat dinner, spend the night and leave the next day.

If you want to do any hiking down into the canyon, or attend some of the photography sessions, tours, see the different rim views, then add another day or two.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:20 AM
ariela

I would suggest two nights so you have time to appreciate it without rushing, certainly longer if you have a lot of activities planned. I took a rafting trip close to the canyon (organized by the same company that manages the lodging) which filled up a day and gave us a good feel for the environment - can be a good alternative to hiking.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 07:34 AM
travellyn

My husband and I took a 2 week tour of the Southwestern US, concentrating on national parks. We spent 3 nights camping at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon and felt that it was the right amount of time.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 10:03 AM
gc

I'd plan it so I could see sunrise from the south rim again.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:02 AM
rqf

If you don't intend doing any long hikes two days one night.

Old Jun 19th, 2002, 11:04 AM
x

if nothing else I`d see sunset and sunrise on the Canyon...which side are you staying on?...hiking?..mule ride?..helicopter/plane tour/bus tour?...or just chillin' at the rim?.....need more info!.....

Old Jun 20th, 2002, 11:36 AM
terry

Thanks for all the good information. We will be staying at the south rim and just sightsee.