Good Mexican Near Lincoln Ctr

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:23 AM
tj

Rosa Mexicana es muy bien!

Went to the one near Lincoln center for anniversary dinner after seeing a show; the table-side guacomole is a great experience, choice of 30+ tequilas is impressive - very strong margaritas

Good food, had the salmon and the half-chicken - service was very snappy, just beware of one thing its easy to over indulge!

Please note that the spectactular waterfall haas been turned off due to recent water restrictions, but you can see the sculptures that guide the water when its on. It must be very impressive. Maybe this weekend's rain will help ease restrictions.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:30 AM
Something Fishy @ Rosa Mexicana

Was not aware that Mexican cuisine includes salmon. Salmon is a cold water fish, n'est pas?

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:44 AM
s

I am not a fan but lots of people rave about Gabriela's. It is on Amsterdam Avenue at 75rd St - a 10 minute walk from Lincoln Center

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:48 AM
tj

Trolling for Salmon?

I must admit to being a bit surprised to see Salmon, but why not?

California has a high population of Salmon and is next to Mexico so it does not seem so outrageous.

Anyway, this one must have been from the North Atlantic and was quite tasty!

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 09:58 AM
x

It was probably ranch raised or farm raised salmon. You have to ask your waiter now where the salmon is from. Alaskan or raised is pretty much the choice now but the taste between the two is very different. Choose wild for better taste.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:13 AM
xxx

Yes salmon is served in California, but not at Mexican restaurants. It should be noted that most of California's salmon comes down from the Washington area and is not native to the California oceans.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:37 AM
x

I can get plenty of salmon in Mexican restuarants triple x, where do you eat? Even Chevy's has salmon. Oh, now that I think of it Taco Bell and Del Taco don't have salmon, that's right.

Old Jun 17th, 2002, 10:43 AM
Zarela

Rosa Mexicana is overrated, try my restaurant for good Mexican food.