Search

good luck cottages, eastham, cape cod

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3rd, 2003, 06:30 PM
H
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good luck cottages, eastham, cape cod

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has stayed at, or knows anything about the good luck cottages in north eastham on cape cod. I will be attending a weeklong conference in July, 2003 and these rent for about $400.00 a week in high season. I'm a bit concerned about why they are so cheap. I'm certainly not looking for anything fancy at that price but I would like to know if there is something really bad about them, like cockroaches or something.
Thanks.
Old Mar 13th, 2003, 07:47 AM

My family stayed at these cottages about 4 years ago and we travel past them all the time as we now own a home on the lower cape. These are reasonable accomadations that are family oriented. Nothing fancy, they are really good for a family on a budget. Not too far from them is a nice Sheraton hotel that I would choose if I were travelling by myself. Off season rates should make the sheraton price competitive as well. Let me know if you need any more info on this area.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 05:21 AM
H
Original Poster

Thanks so much for your reply, trainman. I was beginning to think that I wasn't going to get any responses. I am actually attending a conference at the Sheraton while we are there but the "special conference rate" of $159-$185 a night is a lot more expensive than $400 a week for Good Luck Cottages. I will definitely book with them after hearing from you. We live in Manitoba and have never been to Cape Cod before. We love beaches, biking and birding so we're really looking forward to the trip. (The conference is only in the mornings so we will have our afternoons and evenings free). As someone who has spent so much time there, do you have any particular recommendations of things to see or do?
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:34 AM

Just down the road from the Sheraton is the Cape Cod National Seashore or state park (something like that); it is wonderful. You can ride your bikes to it and through it; the beaches (Nauset and Marconi) are beautiful. Eastham is a great location; you aren't far from Wellfleet, Truro, and Provincetown in one direction, and Chatham in the other.In Brester there is a natural history museum which has glass-bottom boats leaving from Orleans to see the wildlife on and near Monomoy Island. You will find lots to do.
Old Mar 15th, 2003, 07:34 AM

That should be Brewster; sorry.
Old Mar 16th, 2003, 05:20 PM
H
Original Poster

Thanks for the info, BuzzyJ. Sounds great. We're also planning to got to Martha's Vineyard for 3 days after the conference ends. I have read that the cliffs and beach at Aquinnah or Gayhead are quite spectacular but one source on the net said that the beach is restricted to residents only. Do you know anything about that?
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 06:58 AM

H,
I don't know a lot about the Marthas Vineyard beaches but the beaches near the cottages in Eastham and Wellfleet are spectacular. Check out Nauset Light Beach in Eastham. If the weather is nice you can go to the national seashore headquarters to get a beach fire permit. My kids always love the beach fires.
Unfortunately, a lot of the activities in the area will be closed since it is the off season. It will also be a LOT less crowded. The cape cod rail trail runs along an abandoned railroad and is a great ride. It is about 20 miles long and mostly flat with a few small rises.
Try to visit campground beach in Eastham on the bay side at low tide. It is amazing what you can find in the san. At dead low tide there is a sunken liner to the left that was used as a target ship at one time.
Have a great trip!
Old Mar 17th, 2003, 07:02 AM

H, sorry, I didn't notice that the conference was in July. Forget that remark about the off season.