Reload this Page >

GOOD INEXPENSIVE DOWNTOWN HOTEL IN SEATTLE

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:33 AM
Judy

I'm going to a wedding in Seattle and need a well located, inexpensive, downtown hotel for 2 from August 31st for a few nights. I have been to Seattle 3 times and the only thing I used to come up with was the Pacific Plaza (using my entertainment card, but those times are over.)
The only thing I can think of is the "Y"' but I don't wan't to go that route.
HELP!

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:47 AM
jabez

Try Priceline.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:50 AM
David

Try Priceline. Look at biddingfortravel.com first. You should be able to get a nice 4 star hotel for between $40 and $60/night.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:07 AM
John

Judy, if you can get ANY room on Priceline, do so at once. Be sure you go to biddingfortravel.com first to learn how to get re-bids without waiting for days between bid opportunities.

Aug. 31 is the beginning of Labor Day weekend, when the Bumbershoot arts festival occurs at Seattle Center. That is the peak weekend of peak weekends of the year, so your pickings of any rooms at all, period, are going to be scarce. Find something now, or start looking farther away from downtown. But start today.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 10:10 AM
Stephanie P.

Judy:

I did some research on Seattle hotels a few years back so I could see a friend. She insisted that I stay with her instead. There is a Travelodge near the needle. I remember the rates not being bad and they had free parking.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 07:05 PM
Judy

Thanks for your help. I have never tried Priceline before, but I will look into it.
I was hoping that soomeone could give me the name of a hotel that I could call or pursue further.

Old Jul 10th, 2002, 08:07 PM
surferjoe

stayed at the Crowne Plaza. Can't remember the exact rate. Probably around $100. Decent location although not much action in hte area at night.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 04:11 AM
elaine

cannot recommend a particular hotel but keep in mind 8/31 is Labor Day weekend. When I was booking a room (for your travel dates a few months ago) many hotels were booked or had a 3 night minimum.

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 07:44 AM
Wendy

Judy, I'm not sure of your budget but I just checked on Expedia and the Hilton came up the lowest at $119, followed by the Edgewater at $159. Both nice places.

I also would try priceline. We just used it for the first time on a trip to Boston last month and got the Westin for $89 a night. Just make sure to choose Seattle downtown and 4 stars. You'll get a deal I'm sure.

Hope you'll get to go to Bumbershoot for a day while your here. It's really fantastic!

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 10:03 AM
pj

We booked 5 nights on priceline for August 12/02. 4* 40.00 a night, we are staying at the Elliot Grand Hyatt on Pine st. Excellent hotel, great location. I am so thrilled!! Definitely try priceline. PJ

Old Jul 11th, 2002, 10:37 AM
sn

Only one choice: THE ACE

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 10:15 AM
Judy

I have a reservation at the Executive Paciufic Plaza for $89 (which is supposed to be a special wedding rate, but which I see I can get anywhere.)
Thanks a lot for your suggestions!
Please keep them coming!
Judy

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 11:56 AM
Wendy

Did you try priceline yet?

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:15 PM
xxx

The Marqueen and the Inn at Queen Anne are both nice properties right by the space needle. I would check them out. Inn at Queen Anne is a bit basic, but it's cheap and in the entertainment book, I believe.

Old Jul 16th, 2002, 03:24 PM
Faina

I got "sixth avenue inn" through Expedia, clean, nice, restaurant downstairs for BLD, good location.