Golf trip to Lanai

Old Jul 19th, 2004, 04:47 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Golf trip to Lanai

Has anyone taken the ferry from Lahaina to Lanai to golf at either of the courses? Which company to book through? and when? Before the trip over or a few weeks in advance? Thanks in advance. Going in Sept
Old Jul 19th, 2004, 05:41 PM

We're not playing on Lanai while we're in Maui, but we will play several courses in Maui. We can book direct with the course 30 days out. I'd assume the Lanai course has a similar set-up.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 03:19 PM

I just booked the trip/golf for 2 weeks from now. No problems in terms of booking; I'll let you know if any gliches turn up on the day trip. All of the companies seem relatively close in price. My sense, from what I read, is that there's not too much on Lanai and, with only a few hotels and 2 golf courses, it is not a problem to get a tee time. In fact, many of the websites suggest you make a day of it and it doesn't sound like you'll be rushed in playing 36 holes.
Old Jul 21st, 2004, 04:27 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, RobR. Let me know what company you used and how it worked out for you when you get back. My wife and I spent our honeymoon on Lanai 6 years ago and I wanted to play the Challenge at Manele, again. Great course and fantastic views. I actually played it twice during the honeymoon (I have a great wife).
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 01:41 PM

Just back. Golf trip to Lanai went fine. Used hawaiiteetimes.com, but all of the packages I saw were about the same price. Got a .pdf ticket from them that included tee and ferry times, which I presented to the ferry and they in turn gave me some vouchers for the course and tickets for the ferry (along with transportation from the dock to the course). All in all, very smooth process. It was a fun experience; nice to see the hotel and the beautiful views from the course, but not sure it was worth the money. Enjoyed the Plantation Course at Kapalua more, especially at the $90 twilight rate. Again, though, if you want to spend a day playing golf, that's the place to go, as there were no more than 30 tee times for the entire day!
Old Aug 8th, 2004, 09:45 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for getting back to me after your trip. Which course did you play on Lanai? Challenge at Manele or Experience at Koele? I've played both before and like the Manele course the best since it is on the water.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 04:04 PM

I played the Challenge at Manele. Nice resort course with great views. Fun. btw, the website is teetimeshawaii.com, not what I previously wrote.
Old Aug 10th, 2004, 04:10 PM
Original Poster

Thanks RobR. The teetimeshawaii.com website is $20 less than another site I found. I leave in 6 weeks and looking forward to it.