Girls' Spa Weekend in CA HELP!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2006, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are a group of 5-7 women, friends since high school, looking for day spas or somewhere to spend the weekend to celebrate our 40th birthdays. We are spread out from San Diego to Santa Barbara so something in no. CA wouldn't work. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 11:00 AM

Hi laurenzo, how about the spa in Ojai? The Oaks at Ojai..or is the name The Oaks In Ojai. Are you familar with Ojai? Probably some of you are as it is certainly in your area. Have fun no matter where you go.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 12:09 PM
lvk

It would help to know your travel dates and budget.

The Palm Desert area has lots of choices. It will be sizzling hot in the summer, but you can also get some great resorts at off-season pricing.

La Costa in Carlsbad has a beautiful, new spa. I was underwhelmed by the hotel, but the spa facility is top notch.

Glen Ivy (near Temecula) has a day spa, mud baths, etc., but no hotel on site. You could combine the Spa time with a wine tasting tour.

There are lots of places to get pampered in Beverly Hills. There also are places like the Montage, St. Regis, and Ritz Carlton in Orange County, but it would help to know your price range.

www.spafinder.com might also be of help.

Good luck! I just returned from a girls weekend with my high school friends. We're spread out around the country, so it is very nice to get together once a year.
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 12:42 PM

What about Vegas ?
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 01:17 PM
Original Poster

thanks for the replies. We're looking to go in Sept. A price range was never discussed so I guess I'd better find out what the girls are willing to spend. Personally I know spa weekends are costly but, hey, we are celebrating a big bday! Thank you for the spafinder link. Ojai is close to me and one of the girls actually lives in Ojai so I am not sure if she'll consider it but I'll ask. Vegas...hmmm. Keep the ideas coming
Old Jun 21st, 2006, 02:23 PM
TahitiTams

Hi laurenzo,
I live in SD and I love to go to Rancho la Puerta in Tecate, Mexico..It is a gorgeous spa and retreat that has the same owner as the Golden Door in Escondido but alot cheaper..
This is a wonderful spa and retreat and perfect for you girls..
They have wonderful villas that you can get and the food and the ambience are stunning!
It is only 2 hours max from SD and minutes away from the US border and it is awesome!
I think it is perfect for you girls that are celebrating your 40th!
Wishing you all the best..
rancholapuerta.com

Old Jun 29th, 2006, 05:02 AM

Your mention of Rancho La Puerta brought back memories. My mom, sisters and I spent a few days there back in the early seventies. If you can believe it, I remember we paid $25 a day for the first person and $17 for the others in the room! Even at that time it was a steal. It was owned by the Golden Door at that time, too. It was wonderful. Let's see...at currently about $400 a night, I think someone at Golden Door figured out that they could upscale it a bit charge a lot more. Ah well!
Old Jun 29th, 2006, 07:38 AM

I second Rancho La Puerta. I went with my mom in April and we had a great time. It's only an hour from San Diego and they provide a bus that picks you up at the airport. Or you can drive yourself. The classes were great as was the spa service and food. Highly recommended.